PO: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (3/31/15)

I just love that more artists come down to San Diego nowadays. So beats having to commute to LA all of the time.

Yup, I got to a point where I was taking vacation days from work, if the show was in LA on a school night. Nothing worse than driving from LA to SD at 2am. I think Ty Segall did 5 nights in a row in LA this year, and couldn't be bothered to play SD. Being a music fan in SD can be harsh sometimes. /firstworldproblems.

Yup, I got to a point where I was taking vacation days from work, if the show was in LA on a school night. Nothing worse than driving from LA to SD at 2am. I think Ty Segall did 5 nights in a row in LA this year, and couldn't be bothered to play SD. Being a music fan in SD can be harsh sometimes. /firstworldproblems.

Yeah I think Ty just doesn't really care much about going down here or something as it's been like 2011 since he played at the Casbah. I don't mind the drive as I have family out in LA but there have been times where it has been the hugest pain in the ass. Last Halloween, my friend and I decided to go to the QOTSA show and of course it decided that it was going to be one of the biggest storms last year. Driving back home at 2 am was pretty insane.

You don't like paying $50-70 for one concert ticket?

I don't think anyone does. And also everyone hates Ticketmaster's service fees. Makes me so glad they don't have all of the venues in SD under their thumb.

Oh I was wrong. It's 60 bucks after fees.

Still pricier than I'm willing to pay :(

Maybe as it gets closer and I have more money, it isn't til June.

Scored a pair of really good seats for the Oakland show - $117 total. Pricey but concerts in general have gotten so expensive I bit the bullet to grab good seats while I could. 

Yeah it goes like this: $11.50 for the ticket fees, $4 for a ticket processing fee, and $4 shipping. That's $19.50. Almost half of the ticket price which is $45. I seriously hate ticketmaster. I can't you tell how thrilled I get whenever I'm buying from ticketweb or ticketfly.

Was on the page as soon as the chicago date went on sale. "None available, try again..." After a few clicks, it offered me two tickets in the 20th row of the balcony against the right wall. Screw that. Wasn't able to get any other tickets after that tomorrow. Hopefully I have better luck in the presale tomorrow.

Had two front row seats in my cart when Ticketmaster kicked me out. Only balcony seats available after that... Going to try again on friday.

Weird, I had the opposite happen where they offered me seats in the Balcony row X at first and after a couple more searches ended up with Orchestra Pit, row H. Ticketmaster is consistently inconsistent. 

• 2 weeks later...