Death Cab For Cutie - Kintsugi (Out March 31st!)

anyone know if downloads of the singles are included with the Barsuk preorder? I haven't received any.

and they repressed the full lengths from the boxset, but not Chords or the EPs. wonder if they will do that, or try to keep those more rare.

I've been getting emails with downloads for each song as they've been released.

Soo surprised at how much I like all these new songs. Didn't even care enough to listen to their last two albums, but I just recently got back in touch with first-love-in-high-school-breaking-my-heart-how-would-i-ever-have-coped-without 'Transatlanticism' and I love it more than I ever did. Regardless, these tracks are goood.

So according to Zeitgeist Management the gold and white IS exclusive to their webstore, the just posted on some peoples question through the DCFC FB post. Screw it though, I'm not paying $8 for shipping.

i talked to barsuk, and they said that every copy pressed is the white and gold. 10,000 were pressed.

DCFC web store won't load for me right now but I don't recall the page saying the color was "exclusive." Usually if the variant is exclusive they will highlight it to motivate you to buy from them. I also recall Atl-J's new album last year having the "web store only exclusive colors" which was not the case. I picked up a copy months later at a local record store and it was on colored vinyl. (Both of them are signed to Atlantic Records)

Surprisingly good album on first listen! It's very relaxed and doesn't have nearly as much interesting guitar lines as previous Death Cab stuff but all the songs flow very well as a complete work. 

They also experiment further with electronic instruments, which is a welcome change. Overall the electronic sounds are lovely but I find they doesn't work well in some instances; most notably the synth in Everything's A Ceiling. It just sounds overly kitschy and 80s to me. It gets a bit better as the song moves forward but at the beginning it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

I really like You've Haunted Me All My Life. Builds up nicely and sounds like The National with more discernible lyrics.