Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory (10th Anniversary Pink Vinyl)

Well I was unable to grab any records at the show tonight.  I didn't beat the crowd to the merch table after Motion got off, and the guy pulled them before I got up there.  There was some definite confusion, because I asked him where the records went, & he told me that since it was a limited record, he was only bringing so many in to each show.  He pulled them all off the table though, not just CTTM.  (They were also selling Movie & Kills Me)  But either way, I told him it would have been nice if he'd advertised that.  He said he did.  I said "With the limited to 400" sign?  He said "no...that sign is for the posters."  To which I just shook my head, cause the posters are limited to 500, and clearly the /400 sign was for the record.  If I had more of an aggressive salesman personality, or wanted it that bad, I would have continued to hassle him, but I didn't.  He had one opened tonight though, and just to verify for you guys, it was the clear pink.

All that aside, the band fucking KILLED it tonight.  These first two shows of the tour were some of the better live Motion I've seen in a while.  Crowds were great.  Double encore tonight.  Very fun.  I guess they were streaming tonight's show live, I think on yahoo, I'm not sure.  I assume that footage will be available online soon, if not already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There looks to be another press of this over at Go Big Merch. They are advertising it as 10 Year Anniversary Pink Smoke Vinyl. I hope it is different than the clear pink from earlier in this thread because I just ordered this. 

http://motioncitysoundtrack.gomerch.com/products/commit-this-to-memory-10-year-anniversary-vinyl

There looks to be another press of this over at Go Big Merch. They are advertising it as 10 Year Anniversary Pink Smoke Vinyl. I hope it is different than the clear pink from earlier in this thread because I just ordered this. 

http://motioncitysoundtrack.gomerch.com/products/commit-this-to-memory-10-year-anniversary-vinyl

I asked. This is the same pink as earlier in this thread. Not sure why its "Pink Smoke" when the one from kings road was more of a "Clear Pink". Also, I ordered one earlier when they were $19.99 with ridiculous shipping; I checked it now for a buddy just to make sure they weren't sold out and now MCS is charging $24.99 plus the same shipping. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2017 at 9:31 AM, xthricex said:

Is there anyone out there who might have an extra copy of the anniversary tour press they want to part with? Was at one of the dates and regret not grabbing a copy. Anyone? Sorry for bumping this thread as it will imply this is back in stock somewhere.

Could have just started a thread in Sale/Trade/Wants instead of being a

On 5/22/2017 at 9:48 AM, lostcrimes said:

Dick.

:)

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

• 4 years later...
37 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

This is another one of those albums I never realized was sought after. 2021 is weird. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I fucken love this album though. 

Classic album, hasn't ever had a good sounding repress (several were prone to skips I believe). They could sell 3000+ of these, my guess.