PO: Failure - New Album (Pledgemusic)

Man, my buddy just pointed out that the 2010 press was 180 gram.  I feel like I will be missing out on 60 grams now.  At least I got that digital download of the new album going for me.

People get way too hung up on the vinyl weight.  The only thing that really matters is the quality of the pressing.  There are plenty of 120g records that sound incredible and some not so much, same goes for 180g.

From the band's Facebook page:

Guys, we realize the price of the top tier version seems like a lot, but keep in mind, this is for the heavy weight, clear Vinyl (180 gram versus 120), and its signed by all three band members. We have to ship these as well, which is incredibly expensive, as Vinyl is very fragile. The 50 buck version is pretty close to what double albums go for these days when you consider the shipping is included. Bottom line is that the band is buying these from Warner Bros at a non-discounted price. We priced both versions to cover our costs and make a reasonable mark-up. Another thing to consider is this will be the first time that the band has EVER made ANY money off Fantastic Planet.

I mean. If you press 1000 180 gram 2XLP sets on colored vinyl with a full-color gatefold, they would cost about what? $15 each? Probably less, given Warner's business relationships. I have a feeling the most Warner could have charged the band for these would be about $20 per. More realistic pricing would be like $35 standard $50 for the autographed clear 180 gram, on the high end of a conservative estimation.

From the band's Facebook page:

I mean. If you press 1000 180 gram 2XLP sets on colored vinyl with a full-color gatefold, they would cost about what? $15 each? I have a feeling the most Warner could have charged them for these would be about $20 per. More realistic pricing would be like $35 standard $50 for the autographed clear 180 gram, on the high end of a conservative estimation.

I would never pay the price they are asking, but I find it really interesting you think you have any idea what Warner is charging them. fact is, you have no idea what Warner is charging them, so don't be a presumptive ass.

yeah, I tend to use words the way they are meant to be used. crazy concept.

he is being presumptive and an ass. he has no idea what Warner is charging. he thinks he does, but I am guessing he has never been in a band who has had their music owned by a major label. if I am wrong, and he does have a band that has gone through the exact same situation, then I my friend, would be the presumptive ass.

but guys, it's 180g clear Vinyl. Notice how I capitolized vinyl? Yeah. It's like that. And don't forget shipping. Distributors and stores don't have to pay shipping for the records they have in stock or sell. Did you see that I capitolized vinyl? $50 is the regular price for standard weight, double Vinyl (yup, capitolized) LP's these days. (Trust me, don't look it up).

but guys, it's 180g clear Vinyl. Notice how I capitolized vinyl? Yeah. It's like that. And don't forget shipping. Distributors and stores don't have to pay shipping for the records they have in stock or sell. Did you see that I capitolized vinyl? $50 is the regular price for standard weight, double Vinyl (yup, capitolized) LP's these days. (Trust me, don't look it up).

You lost me at capitalized.