PO: Failure - New Album (Pledgemusic)

my roommate and i attended the "listening party" in echo park the other day and he won the test press. he's not a vinyl guy. so, needless to say, i've been spinning it the past day or two. its an awesome record. the only throw away track is "mulholland drive," in my opinion. i'd say its on par with fantastic planet. 

the vinyl itself is a bit noisy, i'm not sure if that was intended since i haven't heard a good mp3 version yet. 

E-mail from Pledge

Your orders are on the way

Hello Failure pledgers.

Just an update on the new album shipments. Orders that were placed 6/21 or before have shipped and will be with you this week.

For orders placed on June 22 or later, please allow a little more time for delivery, possibly up to 10 days -- these orders are being packaged and sent direct from Failure headquarters.

The Heart Is A Monster album download is going to be sent to you on Monday 6/29. Stay tuned!

-- Team Failure

"mulholland drive" is a good song, it's just not a failure song. quite sure it's one of the few greg had more of a hand in writing and would've been far better as an autolux track. the new 'lux album later this year is supposed to have a lot of material greg brought to the table that was turned down by ken (pretty sure someone mentioned this already), so with that news, I'm guessing it'll be far superior to this failure album.

So, I had a chance to listen to a test press of this last week. When I saw it was pressed by United, my heart sank. Sure enough, got my copy to today, and it reeks of United. Marks all over, non fill in several spots, and record 2 is significantly warped. There's always something wrong with their shit, yet somehow their share of the market continues to grow. Drives me nuts.

I had an exchange with someone from SRC about this recently, as they plate their stuff at RTI, which is awesome, but then send it to United, which is stupid. They proclaimed that United 'has some amazingly flat and incredible sounding records'. Well, I'd love to have those.

However, it is 180 gram, when I thought those were only for pledge orders.

Long story short, I still hate United and I wish they weren't used so often.

did anyone ever figure out whether or not the Fantastic Planet repress is actually exclusive to the pledge site? i bought copies of the three other records at the amoeba album release thing today. it would be dumb to not sell their best album in stores especially when i think this is their time to reach wider audiences.

did anyone ever figure out whether or not the Fantastic Planet repress is actually exclusive to the pledge site? i bought copies of the three other records at the amoeba album release thing today. it would be dumb to not sell their best album in stores especially when i think this is their time to reach wider audiences.

how much was FP and what color was it?