PO: Failure - New Album (Pledgemusic)

i'm a little bit let down myself when i saw the pledge update which clearly states they haven't even gotten hands onto the masters yet for FP.  i was under the impression that FP was going to be ready to go and ship along with the new album.  There is going to be a considerable amount of time before FP is ready to go I have a feeling.  Was i the only one that thought that?  i mean... i guess i can wait longer, but damn it man... i was all psyched thinking i was going to get it like around right now.

It's not so much the waiting that bugs me.  it's just that i had it in my head that FP was going to be in my clutches around right now, so learning that it could potentially be another 6+ months until i receive it is just a powerful blow to my psyche.  i'll get over it. 

i have my new album, still haven't opened it up and right now i'm kind of :( about the suggestion it is not a good pressing because of it being done at United.  My digital copy of it has been played through at least 6 or 7 times now, really happy with it.  I think Counterfeit Sky is my favorite track, or maybe I Can See Houses.  Mulholland Drive is also a great one (to me sounds like the most awesome mix of Pink Floyd and The Beatles with that special Failure touch).  Hell... the whole album is solid.  Happy guy here.

i have my new album, still haven't opened it up and right now i'm kind of :( about the suggestion it is not a good pressing because of it being done at United.

I'm sure results will vary. I do suggest a couple passes with a proper record cleaning brush to wipe away whatever pressing residue you can. It does look a bit better after that, surface wise. What's real disappointing is that since the band put this out, they chose United. If I had paid $50 for this, I'd be super pissed.

I'm sure results will vary. I do suggest a couple passes with a proper record cleaning brush to wipe away whatever pressing residue you can. It does look a bit better after that, surface wise. What's real disappointing is that since the band put this out, they chose United. If I had paid $50 for this, I'd be super pissed.

yeah, it'll get a run through my KAB EV-1 cleaner before i'll play it.  i hope mine is good.  probably will give it a spin over the weekend.

did anyone ever figure out whether or not the Fantastic Planet repress is actually exclusive to the pledge site? i bought copies of the three other records at the amoeba album release thing today. it would be dumb to not sell their best album in stores especially when i think this is their time to reach wider audiences.

How was the amoeba thing? Planned on going, but couldn't make it.

I had pledged for the regular weight version and today a 180g version arrived. I'm more than okay with this.

I'm curious about this...

I bought both the regular weight and a 180 gram and received TWO 180 grams. I'm not complaining, but not I'm curious if there is a standard weight floating around?

I have no issues with this pressing at all....even has poly lined sleeves

to me the quality is not an issue at all

Same boat here.

Sounds great to me... also leaving work on Thursday I was chatting with my boss' boss and we engaged in the typical pre-weekend corporate conversation that took an unexpected turn.

Him: "what do you have going on for the holiday weekend?"

Me: "I'm going to see The Melvins on Friday"

Him: "They're old school"

Me: "Stupid old school"

Him: "You know what older band put out a new album for the first time in forever?  Ever heard of Failure?"

Me: "Maybe my favorite band ever"

Him: "Fantastic Planet is a classic"

How cool is that?!

Same boat here.

Sounds great to me... also leaving work on Thursday I was chatting with my boss' boss and we engaged in the typical pre-weekend corporate conversation that took an unexpected turn.

Him: "what do you have going on for the holiday weekend?"

Me: "I'm going to see The Melvins on Friday"

Him: "They're old school"

Me: "Stupid old school"

Him: "You know what older band put out a new album for the first time in forever? Ever heard of Failure?"

Me: "Maybe my favorite band ever"

Him: "Fantastic Planet is a classic"

How cool is that?!

I'm still waiting for this to happen to me.

• 2 months later...

Looks like there is an aqua blue vinyl edition out there

20150915121710-be6fa57a-6e10-4b6f-bf10-7

https://www.xtramilerecordings.com/Shop/DownloadDetails?rid=XMR_RE_188

Did anyone else order from here?

I just added this to my cart and for a 2xLP, they want $46.72 with shipping. Shipping alone was $14.57.

I went with AmazonUK and it wound up being about $25 and some change USD. Late October expected delivery with standard shipping.

Anyone find US distribution?

Did anyone else order from here?

I just added this to my cart and for a 2xLP, they want $46.72 with shipping. Shipping alone was $14.57.

I went with AmazonUK and it wound up being about $25 and some change USD. Late October expected delivery with standard shipping.

Anyone find US distribution?

I'm assuming Failure have sold the rights in the UK/EU/not North America to XtraMile, so this won't be on sale in the USA. Same as the Mineral reissues that XtraMile put out over here (and Million Dead as well, I think though I don't know who put those out in the USA).