Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

As to the Marley interview LP... not too long ago some tapes came up on the market, the guy who originally interviewed them was shopping them around. They were from the 70's, short enough to fill a 10", and they featured him speaking with Marley but also he performed a number of songs on an acoustic guitar. Decent sound, they were broadcast once decades ago apparently. Ultimately, I passed on the tapes. I'm very curious if these are in any way related. If so, these shouldn't only be interviews.

Watched the Darjeeling limited for the first time the other day. Was not impressed at all :s but my gf really likes that so thats it for me right now.

Also re soundtracks. I agree with what someone said earlier. I love scores. Things like tron, oblivion, Jurassic park.

When things like guardians of the galaxy come out they look super fun to own. But it's seriously a dollar bin mix tape in a fancy package.

I cant speak for others but I spin my GOTG soundtrack and the score frequently.

Same here. As far as mixtapes, GOTG has one of the best soundtracks in recent years.

If people are also talking about scores.. Then what is there to be confused about in terms of their popularity? There's hundreds of scores I can listen to just like any other genre. I'm not an expert on jazz.. But the Whiplash score is great.

So far the only thing I want from this first batch is the 10" Garbage... my 15 year old self will be happy but also I feel like this is something I could just stroll into my record store in the afternoon.

I love film score albums and there are a few OST I can listen to all the time. GOTG is one of them. I wasn't expecting it. I have it both on tape, LP, and digital. 

Film scores I can see maybe.....I enjoy the format of Vinyl LPs because it's essentially a sure-fire way to listen to an album straight through....I don't own any LPs that I don't dig the album as a whole. My issue with OSTs are they go against what I enjoy about vinyl....more often than not each song off of an OST comes off of a great album....I like the context that each song has in an Album's flow. I don't own any "best of" LPs for the same reason.....I thought OSTs were weird and silly when I was buying Tapes and CDs in Middle School/High School. They're all backed and put out by Major Lablels, because of that, they're pressing a ton of them and it ends up taking precedent in the pecking order at a pressing plant which ends up makes delays on other records of original music. OSTs being pressed to vinyl is aggrivating enough to me, the fact that kids are absolutely clammering for them is even more bizare to me

/OldManRant