Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

OSTs being pressed to vinyl is aggrivating enough to me, the fact that kids are absolutely clammering for them is even more bizare to me

/OldManRant

I'm pretty much with you, but with only a few exceptions. Besides maybe a few dollar bin sort of soundtracks I got from the 70-80s movies, I've only bought a couple of soundtracks that weren't original music. I bought Dazed and Confused because after 20 years of watching that movie it's in my DNA, and yes I'm one of the people who bought Guardians. But I might not have if it wasn't only $20 and didn't have the score with it. Plus O-o-h Child had been on my buy list for a while. I really wanted the Clerks soundtrack just for the Seaweed and Bad Religion songs, but no way for $30+.

Don't have any information other than it's existence on this yet, but George Clinton's ‘Chocolate City: London’ boxset release will be made commercially available for US Record Store Day (18th April 2015). It was originally a Pledgemusic campaign.

That sounds super badass, pretty excited!

Don't have any information other than it's existence on this yet, but George Clinton's ‘Chocolate City: London’ boxset release will be made commercially available for US Record Store Day (18th April 2015). It was originally a Pledgemusic campaign.

I can confirm this releases existence for RSD15

Just got word from my local shop that Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun is getting a repress for RSD! He just got a new list of titles in and that was one of them.

That is correct!

That title has been added to the Wax Poetic blog (new-vinyl.blogspot.com) along with other releases by Braid, Rise Against, The 1975, Jerry Garcia, Ryan Adams and more.

I know, that rsd is festival of overpriced records but this:

[NEW] Rise Against Eco-Terrorist In Me 7" SRP: $11.98

shit is rediculous. I understand if it would be BIG BAND RARE OOP REPRESS RECORD NOT AWALIABLE FOR OVER 9000 YEARS.

But this is bad song from bad album by good band released last year.

Want to buy 7" from TRUE PUNX band for $12?

Dammit. There had to be a Braid 7". So far I was skipping this. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky at the small store in town. Last time I tried there I was about 50th in line and still able to grab the smaller band stuff. I don't even try the big stores anymore, I'm pretty sure some people camp out overnight like black friday sales.

Dammit. There had to be a Braid 7". So far I was skipping this. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky at the small store in town. Last time I tried there I was about 50th in line and still able to grab the smaller band stuff. I don't even try the big stores anymore, I'm pretty sure some people camp out overnight like black friday sales.

Luckily there is a small yet dedicated vinyl buying community here. I usually get to my store about 90 mins before opening and be near the front of the line

I know, that rsd is festival of overpriced records but this:

[NEW] Rise Against Eco-Terrorist In Me 7" SRP: $11.98

shit is rediculous. I understand if it would be BIG BAND RARE OOP REPRESS RECORD NOT AWALIABLE FOR OVER 9000 YEARS.

But this is bad song from bad album by good band released last year.

Want to buy 7" from TRUE PUNX band for $12?

I expect punk rock values from the band whose label mates are Fergie and Imagine Dragons!

Luckily there is a small yet dedicated vinyl buying community here. I usually get to my store about 90 mins before opening and be near the front of the line

I wish I could do that at the big stores here. I bet I have a better chance going to that small store where they will most likely only get one copy, than going 90 minutes early to End of and Ear or Waterloo where they get a dozen. I miss the first couple of years when I showed up at Waterloo 20 minutes after they opened and just walked in, grabbed the stuff I wanted easy with no wait. Sorry for the slight "back in my day" speech.