Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Do any of the RSD items that are up for pre-order actually go through as legit? I got one ordered and received confirmation and everything. Didn't really know that was possible for RSD items but...

we don't know.

they're not supposed to sell RSD items online until the monday after RSD. ZIA is heavily involved with the RSD people, so if anyone can break the rules, it's them. which is pretty fucked up. it could be a mistake to put them up, in which case the orders shouldn't go through. 

In regards to the kozelek pre order on ZIA:

Thanks for checking us out online. Unfortunately this item is not actually available for pre-order because it is a Limited Release for Record Store Day. We are not able to accept online orders for any Record Store Day items until the Monday following the event. At that time any remaining Record Store Day items that we have in stock at the stores will be made available for website purchases.

https://www.polyvinylrecords.com/#news/1658

of Montreal - Snare Lustrous Doomings
Various Artists - Polyvinyl 4-Track Single Series Vol. 1
Shugo Tokumaru - Night Piece
Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles
Pele - Elephant

Too bad Shugo's shop does not do international, these are already available on his site... in fact all his albums in a box set for 100 Dollars..

One shop near me takes the RSD oath super seriously.  They are also owned by an older couple, so their understanding of the internet and non-major labels is lacking and they get really confused when I know about major label releases that are "yet to be announced" or if I mention anything from a smaller label.

The other shop near me asks for requests over Facebook to help them decide what to order.

It is very rare for most RSD titles to be pressed in high enough numbers for every participating RSD shop to get the allocation of a title as they have ordered....asking a shop to try to order something can help them order it, but doesn't ensure that their allocation will completely fulfil their order

In Short, there's not enough to go around so each store usually get a few copies of each RSD title they order

At my shop we give out lists with five blank spaces sorted by priority for costumers to fill out as soon as the official list is up. The day before RSD we do an all-nighter to make sure every person gets at least on title from his/her list that we store with a name tag behind the counter. That way we get a pretty good outlook on what to order and can make sure that noone leaves empty handed and disappointed.