Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Black Star - Fix Up/You Already Know 7"
Braid - Kids Get Grids 7"
Joan Jett - Flashback 2x12"
Polaris - Music from the Adventures of Pete and Pete 12"

Black Star is probably not going to happen because I refuse to pay the rate big 7"s are going for these days, but I want to check first.
I've seen all the previous Joan Jett releases in stores well past RSD, so I'm not worried about that one.
I don't think the Braid 7" will be too hard get, hopefully.
And then there's the Polaris LP. That's the one I have my doubts about.

I have 14 things I want but might narrow it down

Bernard Hermann - Psycho 7"

Air - Playground Love 7"

Brand New- Deja Entendu 2x12"

Dresden Dolls - The Virginia Monologues (which, to my understanding, is basically Yes Virginia and No Virginia together)

All 3 Flaming Lips 10"

Florence + the machine - what kind of man 12"

SWANS - 12" EP

Tegan & Sara - live at zia records 12"

!!! - all u writers/gonna guetta stomp 12"

Burger 101 cassette

Whiplash soundtrack

White stripes- get behind me satan 2x12"

I will be at coachella that weekend so it will be slim pickins for sure but if I get out of that stupid record tent with at least the Dresden dolls, swans, white stripes, psycho releases I'll be ok, but I feel like that's even reaching too high. This is the 3rd year that I'll be at coachella on RSD and it always sucks ass, last year they started selling shit on Friday and I had no idea, I was first in line Saturday and there was nothing left.

it blows me away how many thousands upon thousands of gimmicky 7"s they press. do people really buy this shit?

Nah. They just press them for fun knowing they'll lose money. I actually read that RSD has, at least, a seven-figure operating income at this point but they budget to lose nearly seventy-five percent of it annually buying back unsold seven inches from retailers. Technically they aren't required to buy back old stock but due to the sheer volume of leftovers, they worry if they didn't they might have a harder time with sell-through for future RSDs.

It's all smoke and mirrors at this point man. This has been happening for years. 

it blows me away how many thousands upon thousands of gimmicky 7"s they press. do people really buy this shit?

From a record store's perspective, it's kind of a crapshoot ordering these things I find (and all RSD stuff in general). Some will be hot and sell like crazy (Ghostbusters thing from Black Friday) and other titles will be sitting around forever (Zareeika boxset). There's definitely a market for the gimmicky stuff though, it's just weird to see which people go for.

I really hope the colored vinyl doesn't cause any noise in the otherwise sonic perfection that is the WWF 80's novelty albums.

I was just really surprised to see that listed.

Instead of reissuing the 80s wrestling albums, since they seem to be easy to find, I would have much rather seen them put out some of the 90s & 2000s themes that have never been released on vinyl before.