Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Nah. They just press them for fun knowing they'll lose money. I actually read that RSD has, at least, a seven-figure operating income at this point but they budget to lose nearly seventy-five percent of it annually buying back unsold seven inches from retailers. Technically they aren't required to buy back old stock but due to the sheer volume of leftovers, they worry if they didn't they might have a harder time with sell-through for future RSDs.

It's all smoke and mirrors at this point man. This has been happening for years. 

Is this true? Is this sarcasm? I honestly have no idea at this point. Neither would surprise me, I guess.

Dang, Bullmoose doesn't have info on Gwar or Polaris yet. Those are my two most wanted titles too. I don't want to have to go to Newbury Comics -__-. (I'm sure it'll be there eventually though)

There are a few smaller stores around me that come up on the search on RSD's site so I'll probably call them and see what they will be ordering/getting 

At least the KMD album will be reissued again. I almost bought one the other day but I'd rather a brand new copy. 

Dang, Bullmoose doesn't have info on Gwar or Polaris yet. Those are my two most wanted titles too. I don't want to have to go to Newbury Comics -__-. (I'm sure it'll be there eventually though)

There are a few smaller stores around me that come up on the search on RSD's site so I'll probably call them and see what they will be ordering/getting

At least the KMD album will be reissued again. I almost bought one the other day but I'd rather a brand new copy.

What info do you need on Polaris? The list price is $23.99

The only "must have" on my entire list this year is that Twenty One Pilots Ohio shaped live 12" (with Forest on it). Interest in those types of bands seems to be pretty slim at my local store too so it shouldn't be too hard to get. The Foo Fighters 10" is a definite buy if I see it but I won't wake up too early to get it. The U2 is a must buy if it has unreleased songs but if its just another version of SOI then it depends on price. I just decided I could wait for the black vinyl reissue of Get Behind Me Satan after seeing that its $40. 

What I noticed after going through Bull Moose's list is how much everything is being inflated?! Why is every 7" $9 and every 10" $15 now it seems. On top of that my local store tends to add a few dollars to the MSRP every year.

Record store day buys nothing back from retailers. They order at their own risk.

Which is why they should at least allow the stores to pre-order based on what their customers might want. Making stores blindly order stuff before they even officially announce the list to the public is ridiculous. These are records not national security secrets.

So the Elvis record Third Man is supposedly putting out isn't on the list. Unless I totally missed it. Makes me wonder if it'll only be available AT TMR like the Lazaretto 7" from last year.

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case. They have to do something special that is TMR/Nashville exclusive and Jack will be in California.

I was just really surprised to see that listed.

Instead of reissuing the 80s wrestling albums, since they seem to be easy to find, I would have much rather seen them put out some of the 90s & 2000s themes that have never been released on vinyl before. 

I would absolutely pay for Attitude-era themes on vinyl. I'd immediately regret it, spin it once or twice, and leave it on my shelf for two years before re-selling it. But I'd still totally buy it.

Not sure who was asking for a repress of the 80's albums. Then again I could say the same for 75% of this list.