Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

This is pretty awesome to raise money for a good cause at Strictly Discs.

Be the FIRST IN LINE on Record Store Day!

Every year, the line outside the shop on the morning of Record Store Day seems to start forming earlier and earlier. We've walked up to see camping chairs, sleeping bags, thermoses full of soup (or something else), and lots of layers. We know there's no stopping the line, so we figured why not turn that rabid dedication into a fund raising opportunity for charity?

This year, we'll be collecting donations for one of our favorite local charities, the Second Harvest Food Bank, as we raffle off a guaranteed FIRST spot in the line. A minimum donation of $5 will enter you in a drawing for the catbird seat. The winner will be allowed to enter the store and shop for 10 minutes before we officially open at 7AM. A $5 donation will receive 1 entry, a $10 donation will receive 3 entries, and a $20 donation will receive 7 entries. The best part, with each dollar donated, Second Harvest can purchase 3 meals for those in need within our community.

Donations will be accepted up until Friday, April 17 at 5PM; after that we will draw a ticket at random - the winning number will be announced Friday night via our store email and on social media (follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram).

Winner must present winning ticket at 6:30AM on Saturday morning. To make a donation, stop by during business hours with cash/check. To find out more about Second Harvest, click here!

Yeah, it is awesome. I didn't get down there to buy a ticket, but I think it's a great idea!

My buddy in Sacramento has been trying to find a good record store to go to for RSD...anyone know of any place? He's called around to a few places, he said one store the guy was kind of being a dick saying "whats the point of telling you what we have" 

I'm going to my first RSD at Dimple Records in Elk Grove, a southern suburb of Sacramento. I've heard good things about Phono Select downtown.