Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

I couldn't make it out today due to recent knee surgery but thanks to a couple of friends I ended up with: Air 7", Ryan Adams 7", Father John Misty pic disc, Florence and the Machine 12"

The Foo Fighters 10" was my only major want I didn't get, weird that Dave is the RSD ambassador and they didn't print enough of these for anyone who'd want one.

Going to try online later tonight for Foos, Whiplash and the Polyvinyl sampler.

My day was a weird one. Started with a Red House Painters box, and followed with picking up a few albums for VCers - two DFA 1979 pic discs (both spoken for) and Pianos Become the Teeth (sold to a VCer). Then bought a few albums on sale:

Max Richter - Blue Notebooks

Arthur Russell - Another Thought

Cass McCombs - Catacombs (been looking for this forever and found it for $16 at HMV of all places).

Then I walked into an Urban Outfitters and they were having a 30% off sale stuff. So I got:

White Lung - Deep Fantasy

Sufjan Stevens - Enjoy Your Rabbit

Eagulls - S/T

The Sea and Cake - S/T

Lower Dens - Nootropics

Toadies - Rubberneck

Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams

All for $7 each.

Woke up at 2:30pm. Decided to see what all Wuxtry had left, wasn't expecting much. Got there at 3pm. Saw a single copy of Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions II, walked out with it. Spent a grand total of $15. Best and cheapest RSD to date.

They also had both Shugo Tokumaru albums, but I'm broke as hell and I know they'll probably still have them for a few weeks.

Two albums I really wanted were the U2 and White Stripes but I passed for $40 each. TWS is being reissued soon anyway and I already paid $36 for the standard edition U2 record so this deluxe edition just felt like a cash grab. 

I walked in grabbed the Decemberists record, something actually worth what it cost, the sleeve is really thick and it has a nice booklet. The only thing I'm going to worry about getting online monday is the Twenty One Pilots 12", everything else I wanted like Father John Misty I'm not going to worry about tracking down.

Just got home and RSD London was pretty good actually - great atmosphere and more fun than last year's. Got to my store 2 hours before opening, and though it was freezing outside and I was 80th in line, got everything I wanted - including Chvrches, Slowdive and other stuff for some US VC'ers.

You really can't fault Sister Ray - such a solid record store. Visit them if you're ever in London! (and no this isn't a sponsored post)

Got in line 3 hours before open at Amoeba. Paid 12 bucks for parking. Was about 500th in line, waited 5 hours to get in. For some reason last year I remember just waiting it out anyway and getting a lot that I wanted but this year I didn't get shit. Pretty bummed man.

1/10 will probably not RSD ever again.

Sob story; I missed RSD due to starting a new job today. Did anyone happen to pick up an extra copy of Built to Spill or Polaris? If so, PM me, definitely looking to buy.

If you can make it out I'd guess a lot of places still have built to spill. I couldn't even get a Polatis for myself :(

Did anyone see price gouging out there today? I have a friend in NYC who paid $30 for Father John Misty and $15 for Ryan Adams. I also saw in this thread that someone saw Foo Fighters at their local for $37. Crazy that some Indie shops are basically flipping these.

Went to 4 stores. Bleeker Street is always my last stop because they price the crap out of shit.