Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Got everything i wanted.

White Stripes

Stone Sour EP

Slayer 7"

Better Call Saul 7"

Mmfood...where were you in line. I got there about 6:15. Bull Moose needs to start fixing how they handle this. Complete chaos. Some kid almost got stepped on a few times.

Probably like 12th in line. Got there a little before 4

I got most of what I wanted apart from The Darjeeling Limited soundtrack and Deja, which I'm not too torn up about since I pre-ordered the one coming out next month but when you camp out in line for 13 hours (first in line) and the dude behind you has a side chat with a girl that works there and they think you can't hear them and then she goes inside and hides the only copy the store has for that guy then comes out and whispers to him its exact location so he runs in past you and snags it before you can even focus your eyes when you walk in the building - pretty fucked up. Oh well.

11138673_10205623705167179_2806284293475

what store was it?

The guy who works at my store who pulled the only copy they got of Government Plates at the last RSD so he could get it brought his copy in today just to show off, which is kind of a dick move! On the other hand, I got most of the stuff I wanted and got to hear the entire Courtney Barnett album while waiting in the store, so it's not all bad.

Edit: Gonna repeat my earlier question, did anyone see the Morricone soundtrack that was supposed to be out? Not sure if it was just a small release that kind of flew under the radar or if it just didn't happen.

The guy who works at my store who pulled the only copy they got of Government Plates at the last RSD so he could get it brought his copy in today just to show off, which is kind of a dick move! On the other hand, I got most of the stuff I wanted and got to hear the entire Courtney Barnett album while waiting in the store, so it's not all bad.

Edit: Gonna repeat my earlier question, did anyone see the Morricone soundtrack that was supposed to be out? Not sure if it was just a small release that kind of flew under the radar or if it just didn't happen.

Was it out one Death Waltz? I saw something from Death Waltz.

Didn't find anything on my list at all, the main wants being the RE Nirvana tribute and the Frank soundtrack. I hit the shops a bit late but it sounds like only a fraction of what was ordered arrived. I saw the DFA1979 7" but passed it up once I realized it was a picture disc with two songs from the LP. I ended up grabbing a copy Merzxiu, there were literally dozens of copies at both stores, but I guess that makes sense since the label is local. Didn't get anything else, I'll be looking online and maybe hitting some a couple places tomorrow to check the leftovers.

definitely saw one shop with a few copies this afternoon, but of the three I went to, that's the only one I noticed it at, so it's out there.

Damn I had a pretty successful RSD not going to lie. Was able to grab:

311 - Grifter/Whose Got The Herb? 7"

Against Me! - Osama Bin Laden as The Crucified Christ 7"

J Dilla - Love 7"

Foo Fighters 10"

Robert Plant 10"

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run 12"

Death By Stereo 12"

Immortal Technique 12"

RTJ 12"

Social D 12"

J5 Box Set

And I ordered Deja Entendu's May release today as well. I literally got everything I wanted so I'm pleasantly happy!

Missed out on the RSD stuff I wanted (which wasn't much anyway) but grabbed some good used LP's I'd been meaning to grab. My local shop and a local pub teamed up and offered 20% off all food and beer at the pub, which was awesome after a great day of crate digging. Nice to see some local businesses working together like that (especially ones that involve records and beer!).

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any DUMBER...you go and post something like this...

AND COMPLETELY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!

Feel free to strip away what little street cred I may have...but I thought it was hella cute how T-Swizzle posted on her social media "Happy Record Day :)" and a pic of herself w/ her own LP. Heh. 

tumblr_nn0v19vZay1rk3uipo1_540.jpg

RSD Releases In Hand

Mclusky

Pizza Underground

Foo Fighters

Dresden Dolls

Darjeeling

Grizzly Bear

RSD Releases Being Shipped

Death From Above 1979

Placebo

Better Call Saul

Non-RSD Buys From New Local

Beck - Sea Change Mofi

Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will

Palms - Palms

Spent too much, but we'll see what's available when the western online stores put up their goods. Hoping to get the Shugo Tokamaru releases on Monday.

I grabbed the following records to trade or sell at cost. First priority is trading for the Foo Fighters 10" so I'm gonna hold out on actually selling these until tomorrow in hopes that someone has FF to trade and wants one of these. Let me know

Father John Misty-I Loved You Honeybee Heartshape 7"

Yellowcard-A Perfect Sky 10"

Pianos Become The Teeth-Close 7"

The Devil Wears Prada-South of The City 7"

Dave House- Home Alone EP 7"

The Hold Steady-Boys and Girls in America