Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Chris Farren just posted that him and Tim Kasher are putting out a split 7" thought Saddle-Creek for RSD. It sounds awesome, in that they both wrote a song, then sent just the lyrics and chords to each other. They then covered the songs without hearing the original version. Should be interesting.

GDP/ Front Bottoms looks great too

The Front Bottoms / GDP
GDP/ The Front Bottoms

7-inch vinyl EP
$9.99

The Front Bottoms and GDP share a 7 inch and the results are a compelling cross fertilization of musical ideas from these New Jersey natives. TFB offer up the radio friendly “Wolfman” and the surprisingly Dylanesque “Handcuffs”. While GDP is lonely in “Limousine” and sparkin’ a lot in Parking Garage. Run For Cover Records wants to add that “ GDP is a lanky depressed asshole that is known to a few hundred kids for making drug raps with a bunch of degenerates. If you see him, kill him.”

SIDE A
1 – GDP – Limousine
2 – TFB – Wolfman
SIDE B
1 – TFB – Handcuffs
2 - GDP – Parking Garage

Yeah well bullmoose says multicolored vinyl and the official list doesn't specify pic disk... Hmm.

i thought the list has pic but then the detailed 'view more' list doesnt specify.. i dont really care either way, to be honest.  it'll be loud so any noise from the pic disk will get drowned out, hopefully.

Great. Most of the stuff of interest is UK-exclusive. Even more so than usual. Half the records I ordered from there last year never made it, despite the high price of the slow, shitty, untraceable shipping. Not sure if I'll even bother this year.

Pulp - Separations (UK)
Pulp - Little Girl (With Blue Eyes) (UK)
Pulp - Dogs are Everywhere (UK)
Warpaint/Daughter - Feeling Alright/Winter 12" (UK) (wtf? no US release for this? seriously?)
Slowdive - Blue Day (UK) (god damnit)
Chvrches - Get away/dead air 7" (UK) (an annual tradition. they may sell 4000-10,000 tickets in every major US city, but that's apparently not good enough for some vinyl love)
Johnny Cash - Man Comes Around/Personal Jesus (UK)
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Air - playground love 7"
Swans - Swans 12"

D'Angelo - the charade 7"