Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Same! They always have coffee and donuts. My local store is extra appreciative of the business boost.

We get a whole breakfast buffet. It's like eggs, hash browns, biscuits, etc. Completely free. Drinks cost money though. And its at an actual restaurant next door so it's good food too

Hopefully there's nothing I really need this year, but I'll probably still go to my local record stores. Most people don't know too much about one of them, so I always seem to find some good RSD leftovers (Bayside live, Silverstein/ABR split).

(Also I saw a copy of the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack there that I noticed many people were after on Black Friday, so if you are looking for it still, message me!)

I've been one of the first fifteen or so people in line at Wuxtry for the past three years, but unless something gets announced that I absolutely must have (I'm hoping Anamanaguchi will reissue Dawn Metropolis since the Scott Pilgrim OST was so popular), my plan this year is to go after the initial rush and pick at the bones. After that, I'll probably go to the Mall of Georgia since the comic shop inside the mall actually does RSD but hardly anyone actually knows about it (or they just go to Criminal instead), so there are always a ton of good releases left by the time I get there.

Semi-related: maybe it's just because I've never been to any other store on RSD, but I still feel like Wuxtry's clientele may be an anomaly in RSD culture. Like, every year I'm blown away with how respectful and polite the customers are to each other. We form a line ourselves, we don't run in or clog the door or anything, and if someone who isn't up at the bins wants a record, almost everyone is ready and willing to pass a copy back if there's one left. It's made for several wonderful RSD experiences, which is probably why I end up going back every year. Is anyone else's store(s) of choice like this?

We get a whole breakfast buffet. It's like eggs, hash browns, biscuits, etc. Completely free. Drinks cost money though. And its at an actual restaurant next door so it's good food too

This sounds a lot like the shop I go to. You wouldn't happen to be talking about Vinyl Daze would you?