Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

I'm going out a few hours early. I wanna be first in line.

Same here. Bribed a friend with the Metallica cassette so he would wait with me. The place that opens earliest here put placeholders for some exclusives on their website, so I assume they got those ones. If so, it's worth waiting all night.

just found out that my local store updated the RSD wish list I created on their site back in March to let me know what will be available for me to pick up.

Obviously works out well for me, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the system. It seems like a dude who makes a wish list and rolls in to pick it up after lunch might be better off than somebody who shows up at 8am.

That said, there were a few of the 'high demand' releases on my list that are marked as not available but I am pretty sure they actually have copies, but are putting them out in the wild rather than bundling them for wish listers.

just found out that my local store updated the RSD wish list I created on their site back in March to let me know what will be available for me to pick up.

Obviously works out well for me, but I'm not really sure how I feel about the system. It seems like a dude who makes a wish list and rolls in to pick it up after lunch might be better off than somebody who shows up at 8am.

That said, there were a few of the 'high demand' releases on my list that are marked as not available but I am pretty sure they actually have copies, but are putting them out in the wild rather than bundling them for wish listers.

Sucks for the people that get there early (if they don't have a lot of extras), but I would MUCH prefer that over arriving at like 6am or earlier.

Some stuff up at Dr. Strange, they're doing a sale for 15% off at midnight but I grabbed a couple things in hopes to better my chances.

Search 'RSD' on their site:

http://www.drstrange.com/cart.php?m=music_search&xsubmit=Y&search=Rsd&go.x=23&go.y=15&format=&label=

If this works out then I'm hopeful I can get the Pity Sex 7" and the Tim Kasher/Chris Farren 7" tomorrow from somewhere else online. If anyone comes across these online or in store and can hook it up I'll love you forever.

Some stuff up at Dr. Strange, they're doing a sale for 15% off at midnight but I grabbed a couple things in hopes to better my chances.

Search 'RSD' on their site:

http://www.drstrange.com/cart.php?m=music_search&xsubmit=Y&search=Rsd&go.x=23&go.y=15&format=&label=

If this works out then I'm hopeful I can get the Pity Sex 7" and the Tim Kasher/Chris Farren 7" tomorrow from somewhere else online. If anyone comes across these online or in store and can hook it up I'll love you forever.

Only thing I want on there is Gwar, but I'll get that after the fact with a giftcard to Redscroll. Thanks though! Some good selections.