Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Same. Ever been there on rsd? Do people line up early?

I didnt go to that location until last year black friday. Wasnt very busy at all. I wont be going to early. Black Friday there was plenty to go around for everyone.

They told you they had HOW MANY Deja LPs? I called 2 hours ago and he told me they had less than that!

I didnt go to that location until last year black friday. Wasnt very busy at all. I wont be going to early. Black Friday there was plenty to go around for everyone.

They told you they had HOW MANY Deja LPs? I called 2 hours ago and he told me they had less than that!

Dude on the phone said around 60..but idk then I'm not really trying to get it but If I see it I'll grab it. How many did they tell you they had?

I don't usually plug these things but in case you guys didn't know, I am a DJ/Volunteer at KALX in Berkeley, and tomorrow I'm going to be doing my show completely dedicated to records and record collecting. So if you are standing in line waiting for the stores to open and are on the west coast (Or you want to tune in and celebrate with me). I'll be on from 6-9 AM PDT.

You can tune in online through the tunein app http://tunein.com/radio/KALX-907-s31427/

My store just posted on facebook that they're changing it up this year and putting everything out on the racks instead of behind the counter. This should get interesting.

"A man was shanked at a local record store for RSD 15.

'I had to stop the guy from listening to Deja, man. He was going to open it,' said the suspect.

More to come at 10."

My store just posted on facebook that they're changing it up this year and putting everything out on the racks instead of behind the counter. This should get interesting.

My store  does  did this, but they kept it in one section and the rest of the stock in other sections. Everyone files through in an orderly fashion. This year they are doing it under a tent outside so people can go into the main store if they give zero fucks about RSD. They know how to run the day, so kudos to them. :)

That's the way we do it every year. Works just fine.

Yeah, it always went swimmingly. The change this year will likely be an improvement upon that, but I guess next year will determine what they preferred. I wish I could go this year and try the new layout.

If i had my own store, I would do it the way they have been as opposed to just putting things in with the regular stock. That seems like it would be a disaster.

I haven't attempted going to Waterloo in a few years since the lines are crazy long, but their way is the best. They line up each title in alphabetical order down the aisles on the top display, and you have to stay in line to get what you want. You just walk by and grab what you want while you're moving. No shelves of flipping makes it all a little quicker and easier.