Bucketh{r}ead

Faucet

Wow, Bucketheadland 5 13 10 31 is bad. It is almost unlistenable. Normally, I don't care how weird Buckethead gets as I understand that is who he is and I love the man. However, I was extremely hyped for this release as it was a new Bucketheadland record EXCLUSIVE to vinyl and this is what he makes? A piece of trash, 30 minute recording that has no cohesive sound or melody? I feel ripped off; I don't want this on vinyl. I should've known not to trust Bucket with surprise releases.

I absolutely love this album.
It’s basically about 100-125 mini songs, 4-9 seconds in length and edited altogether. 
It reminds me of the debut Fantômas album. 
Mike Patton would sound amazing singing over 5 13 10 31.

This is definitely a big accomplishment in my opinion. Its a feast of sounds. 

The remaining 9 vinyl preorders have all been pushed back to “Spring 2018”. How in the world does that happen? And no, it’s not because the pressing plants are backed up. I’m also stumped why Pikes Services  hasn’t communicated this delay other than quietly editing the dates on the website. 

Sent them an email since I still haven't received Slaughterhouse on the Prairie (Edit: They just replied saying they 're sending it this week. Funny how I have to email them in order to get my order <_<). I don't know man, I feel like they could have handled all of this so much better. Everything is so cryptic and unknown. I get that Buckethead is a mysterious dude but the business shouldn't follow suit. A simple delay email would have been awesome. Also odd that Sparks would come before the other records announced.

Edited by TheArtThief

On 11/24/2017 at 1:14 PM, Velocity of Sound said:

I absolutely love this album.
It’s basically about 100-125 mini songs, 4-9 seconds in length and edited altogether. 
It reminds me of the debut Fantômas album. 
Mike Patton would sound amazing singing over 5 13 10 31.

This is definitely a big accomplishment in my opinion. Its a feast of sounds. 

I just had to listen to it again.

Doing that now....

15 minutes ago, Battra said:

This hasn't precisely been a flawless transaction for me.

Probably won't preorder a second time.

they've been pretty quick to respond to all my emails about the delays and the 5 records i already have came in pristine condition and sound fantastic, but i'll always support cool shit bucket does.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Faucet said:

also, all the limited edition packages with all the extra shit are now unavailable.

Extra shit? Do  you mean the sold out releases that say "Limited Edition (1000 pressed) Two Record Set with 6 bonus tracks"?
If so, that's just the previous two pressings (first /1000 on black, then /500 on purple vinyl) that have since sold out.

Should be exactly like this new red pressing (3rd press).

Or am I totally missing some other merch that had extras?

31 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Extra shit? Do  you mean the sold out releases that say "Limited Edition (1000 pressed) Two Record Set with 6 bonus tracks"?
If so, that's just the previous two pressings (first /1000 on black, then /500 on purple vinyl) that have since sold out.

Should be exactly like this new red pressing (3rd press).

Or am I totally missing some other merch that had extras?

sorry should have been more specific. the pikes packages with all the extra shit (inbred mountain with the teeth mold, roller coaster track repair vhs etc.) are gone.

5 hours ago, Faucet said:

That's awesome, thanks. Are the letters on the original cover metallic or is it just the flash? Glad I pulled the trigger on the drawing edition but my only complaint is I wish he wrote the album name somewhere on the cover. Awesome nonetheless and completely worth the $50 imo.

21 minutes ago, Big Country said:

That's awesome, thanks. Are the letters on the original cover metallic or is it just the flash? Glad I pulled the trigger on the drawing edition but my only complaint is I wish he wrote the album name somewhere on the cover. Awesome nonetheless and completely worth the $50 imo.

just the lighting on the lettering. drawing edition is super cool, cant wait to see what he does for the other releases!