Okay, so I'm sure many people here have figured out their desert island top 5, even if it changes every few months, but what about something different: 

If you could only pick five artists' entire (properly recorded) discographies to listen to for the rest of your life (because you're on a desert island with a really fucking good setup), what would they be? The caveat being that you need to bring the entire discography, and have to listen to all of it equally, meaning that while a Neil Young discography might get you Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, it would also get you a lot of weird 80s albums....

Mine:

1. The Clash

(because their entire output is solid, with the general exception of Cut the Crap, which I would brave through if needed)

2. Tom Waits

(so much diversity over 40+ years)

3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

(have only really been getting into him recently, but there's a lot to explore, and so far, no bad records)

4. Josh Ritter

(love all of his music)

5. Neko Case

(I was just thinking about how I love all of her albums...)

1. David Bowie

2. Aaron Turner's projects (haha cheating)

3. John Coltrane

4. Neurosis

5. Nadja

You can get a lot of mileage out of those.  Hell, the Nadja discography alone would keep you occupied for a while.

Yeah, that's really solid, and stuff I wouldn't normally think about but whenever it's mentioned I'm like, "yeah. definitely."