Whats up fellow music lovers, I am new to these forums so I figured Id start off a post about the music that I generally like to listen to and create. I am really into Progressive house, deep house, and hip hop. But I love music of all genres, I was listening to nine inch nails earlier today to find some aggressive inspiration lol. I appreciate everything. So feel free to post any of your music and Ill check it out. And in the meantime you can get to know me a little better by hearing some good music! - https://soundcloud.com/cmillzproductionz

Rock on

EDM killed electronic music.

Danger

Aphex Twin

Boy-8-bit

Chemical brothers

Eric Prydz

Etienne De Crecy

Daft Punk

Madeon

DJ Shadow

Metrik

DJ mehdi

Huoratron

Fake Blood

Mr.Oizo

SebastiAn

Netsky

Owl Vision

Boards of Canada

Squarpusher

16 Bit

Study those for success

@DafTyler - great stuff, I cant wait to get back and check that out. Whats your take on DJs like Hardwell? You say EDM destroyed electronic music. Just curious why. Im also into Tiesto, the factory house music.

Neither here nor there really but you could argue Prydz hurt mort than helped if we are talking about how "Big Room House" became EDM.

Oh I wouldn't necessarily argue that. But prydz is a top notch producer and DJ. As well I am much much bigger fan of his Pryda and Cirez D aliases. I have seen him live 4 or so timeaasnd he is incredible.

But there is a reason he is conside the 4th Swedish house mafia member. But his skill puts him in another class in my opinion.

@DafTyler - great stuff, I cant wait to get back and check that out. Whats your take on DJs like Hardwell? You say EDM destroyed electronic music. Just curious why. Im also into Tiesto, the factory house music.

People like Harwell are awful too me. It's just so generic with no soul to it. It's just music with a build up and drop. Tiesto is a great producer and DJ. But I find his music a litte boring a lot of the time. And he is also boring live.

I dont know where "edm" came from. When I was growing up it was just electronic music. It's just hard tothroughe uniqueness in newer artists. I feel like half of them hardly even know how to play any actual synthesizers (not that it's a requirement).

Its just a over saturated scene to me.

I feel like the most important factor, and what made me come to love house and all of its sub-genres, is how it moves you and what emotion it makes you feel. Dont get me wrong, the party and club bangers are still awesome to me. But the songs that really hit me like Dannic & Shermanology - Wait for you . But all in all, music that is new to me is always interesting.