WTB/WTTF: Pre-PUP Topanga 'Oceans EP' 7" & PUP Test Presses

doomcreep

I believe I have all the variants of PUP's s/t in my possession and/or in transit. I also have the "Reservoir" 7" on the way so now I guess I'm in the market for some test presses (which I don't expect to find) and the 7" they released as Topanga before becoming PUP, which I believe was released in 3 or 4 colors.

Isn't the 7" still available from SideOneDummy?

http://www.sideonedummy.com/shop/bands/pup-reservoir-my-shadow-7-black-vinyl/

Oh what the hell? It wouldn't show up for me. I tried to add it to my Euro order from Banquet and even though it let me add it to my cart, they messaged me and said it was out of order. What a fiasco.

Thanks for the link!

Yeah, I know. It's also signed (which I don't need) and like $80 shipped which would be beyond a last resort. I might make an offer but hoping to find something a little more VC community friendly.

Thanks, though.

• 2 weeks later...

So these came in today. I got the blue and red cover versions of the Topanga 7" and the one in the middle is the green version but they flipped the cover and spray painted a PUP stencil on it as it was the first thing they sold at shows after the name change. They scribbled out the label on the record and wrote PUP on it also. All 3 are numbered out of 330. Each one came with a pog with a mini print of the cover art or download code on the other side. The covers are all screen printed and folded over.

The blue is 5/330

The red is 28/330

The green is 56/330

pup1.jpg

Here are the opposite sides:

pup2.jpg

And the green version flipped over:

pup3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work, man. I've been casually looking for the Topanga stuff but had no luck checking local stores.

A while back I found an 8 song CD version of Oceans on this Japanese website. I have no idea about the release or the store, but just putting it out there if you're interested in digging into it.

http://www.flakerecords.com/rcminfo.php?CODE=17446

Looks like maybe they did a Japan-only release on this one? I see it on some other Japanese sites.

Nice work, man. I've been casually looking for the Topanga stuff but had no luck checking local stores.

A while back I found an 8 song CD version of Oceans on this Japanese website. I have no idea about the release or the store, but just putting it out there if you're interested in digging into it.

http://www.flakerecords.com/rcminfo.php?CODE=17446

Looks like maybe they did a Japan-only release on this one? I see it on some other Japanese sites.

Whoa, yeah that's pretty weird. Wasn't aware of this. Thanks!

• 1 month later...