best turntable ~$1000? $1500?

Might have been a mistake? The pulleys are just plastic... Cheap so I thought maybe two for that, but tard didn't get two...

I love my cabinet. I moved 6mo ago and it didn't fit in the room. I thought I'd need a new rack, but for $20 I bought some lumber and paint, and created the footer. Back to happy.

I still plan to get a Dustcover or make one. My partner and I have 3 cats...

He exclaimed as his eyes powerlessly followed the explicit and very unexpected turn of events. His battle was soon to be lost. His heart betrayed, as members of the esteemed VC community, one by one, gave into the perfection of European engineering.

Joke's on you. I love European Engineering. I have Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand speakers that I will probably keep for good, even if I have multiple speakers.

He exclaimed as his eyes powerlessly followed the explicit and very unexpected turn of events. His battle was soon to be lost. His heart betrayed, as members of the esteemed VC community, one by one, gave into the perfection of European engineering. 

Hmm.. Come to think of it my entire system is European Engineering..  British amp, German turntable and Danish speakers. 

The Marantz is all set up and running. So far so good. Even though I have spent a good amount of time listening to this table recently it wasn't on my system in my room. Initial impression in my system is very good.  So far it's everything I was hoping it would be as compared to my Rega / Blue Point Special. To sum up my initial impression, Great bass, top end has lots of detail without being in your face. A very pleasant warmth to its overall presentation. 

good to know. I went ahead and ordered the digital gauge anyway hopefully it shows up tomorrow. The one I have now is the shure teeter totter style gauge and it does not go up to 2.2.

Yes, it does. You have to put the stylus down on the "x2" marking. At least, that is how mine works. I used to set my VTF to ~2.2 with it. I did buy the cheap $20 digital scale on Amazon and tested it and calibrated it and it works great for me now.

Yes, it does. You have to put the stylus down on the "x2" marking. At least, that is how mine works. I used to set my VTF to ~2.2 with it. I did buy the cheap $20 digital scale on Amazon and tested it and calibrated it and it works great for me now.

I have this too. It came with the 5g weight. Tested the 5g on multiple scales at my lab. Very accurate. And for $20!