best turntable ~$1000? $1500?

Could someone explain to me the importance of a $1000-1500 record player? I've never even seen any of this value, and I'm just very curious as to what makes them better, or makes the music any better, or listening experience? Is the extra $800 that noticeable on good speakers and such? I'm very curious about this subject.

Could someone explain to me the importance of a $1000-1500 record player? I've never even seen any of this value, and I'm just very curious as to what makes them better, or makes the music any better, or listening experience? Is the extra $800 that noticeable on good speakers and such? I'm very curious about this subject.

The Marantz that they purchased includes a Clearaudio cartridge that retailed for $800 and sounds great. Plus it has a pretty killer tonearm.  That is a ton of turntable for 1K. It's solidly built, the motor is isolated from the plinth. The only thing I can say I dont like about it is the location of the power switch. It's on the motor in a bit of an awkward position.

Congrats on your purchases Tardcore and ajxd

This thread is awesome.

Congrats on the purchases tardcore and ajxd

If I'm not careful this thread is going to make me veer from my master plan of using my Rega P25 for the next year as I save for a VPI Prime.

I could sell my Rega and and easily cover the difference for the TT15. The TT15 sounds better than my Rega with the blue point evo I have on it. Who knows maybe I wouldn't feel the need to upgrade so soon.

No, I've earned this right to be grumpy!

Don't be the grumpy old man in the thread! Be excited! Clearaudio tables for everyone!

My friend put it into perspective for me. I can sell my Sonus Fabers, use that money towards the table. I still have my Boston's... which are great and I absolutely love. Then instead of putting that money towards new speakers, put it towards my new table. $1k for that table is an insane deal, and I've loved that table since it was announced.

Sell my Pro-Ject, sell my Ortofon, and then use that money towards new speakers down the road. Not like the Bostons have EVER disappointed me.

Don't be the grumpy old man in the thread! Be excited! Clearaudio tables for everyone!

My friend put it into perspective for me. I can sell my Sonus Fabers, use that money towards the table. I still have my Boston's... which are great and I absolutely love. Then instead of putting that money towards new speakers, put it towards my new table. $1k for that table is an insane deal, and I've loved that table since it was announced.

Sell my Pro-Ject, sell my Ortofon, and then use that money towards new speakers down the road. Not like the Bostons have EVER disappointed me.

Audiophile rationalization at it's finest !!

I'll jump into this thread as well because I have a question that seems perfect for Slinch, but everyone can chime in really. I have always had my eyes set on the Marantz TT15, but with the love Clearaudio is getting from pretty much everywhere here in Europe, I looked for Clearaudio tables in the same price range and came up with one I am genuinely curious about:

Clearaudio Emotion Black or Bluemotion

It does not show up anymore if you browse the Clearaudio products, so I guess this is discontinued? How does it compare to the Marantz or the Clearaudio Concept? With the Concept supposed to be Clearaudio's entry-level type, what is the Emotion then?

I'll jump into this thread as well because I have a question that seems perfect for Slinch, but everyone can chime in really. I have always had my eyes set on the Marantz TT15, but with the love Clearaudio is getting from pretty much everywhere here in Europe, I looked for Clearaudio tables in the same price range and came up with one I am genuinely curious about:

Clearaudio Emotion Black or Bluemotion

It does not show up anymore if you browse the Clearaudio products, so I guess this is discontinued? How does it compare to the Marantz or the Clearaudio Concept? With the Concept supposed to be Clearaudio's entry-level type, what is the Emotion then?

That Clearaudio in the link is the rebranded Marantz (but the Marantz has some upgrades). If you read back a few pages, it's broken down nicely!

That Clearaudio in the link is the rebranded Marantz (but the Marantz has some upgrades). If you read back a few pages, it's broken down nicely!

Thanks! I read all of it (even multiple times),but somehow I missed the part about the Concept replacing the Emotion. What confused me more is that there is also the Emotion SE, which costs way more than the Concept, so I did not really know where to place the Emotion.