Mushroomhead Discussion Thread

SBarry

Saw they were mentioned but I'm just throwing this out there that I fucking LOVED The Alter Boys. Got really into them and Dog Fashion Disco at around the same time.

I still enjoy Dog Fashion Disco here and there but after I learned about Mr. Bungle, I can't help but think of them as a Mr. Bungle cover band haha.

Saw they were mentioned but I'm just throwing this out there that I fucking LOVED The Alter Boys. Got really into them and Dog Fashion Disco at around the same time.

I still enjoy Dog Fashion Disco here and there but after I learned about Mr. Bungle, I can't help but think of them as a Mr. Bungle cover band haha.

Yeah man The Alter Boys were super rad! Basically was Unified Culture and all of Dog Fashion Disco in a super group.

I saw Dog Fashion Disco open for Clutch many many many years ago.

They were godawful

Like the time I was a drum tec for a local chick rock/metal band "11 after" 2005-2006 and got to chill in peabodys basement with tommy, rick, jason & waylon. We ate cheep lunch meat platters, smoked the godly and talked about the meaning of life. Lmao. Hows that for a good story?

Hell yea! I couldent drink then tho. I was only like 17 lol. I DO remember that night somebody mocking waylons accent saying "go home, we want jason back!" and he got really pissed off and had to get talked up to even perform! Jason was like "fuck them, you got this". :) best MRH memory. So much kudos to waylon. Couldent have picked a better replacement! And I dont think jason even performed with them that night. He was there for support! Making sure MRHs future still exists.

I was maybe 16 back then and pretty sure it was the first time I drank and what better way than with your favorite band? I'm not a huge fan of Waylon's style but props to him for doing his thing while there's plenty of silent critics against him and there were a fair share of vocal ones when he first joined the band. I'll listen to Savior Sorrow once in a blue moon but I just don't think any of the new material comes anywhere close to being as good as any of the previous releases.

BSFUC has that southern swang to it that im not to fond of but tolerate. Lol But tracks like "damage done" & "erase the doubt" off SS realy hit home with the old school tecnuiqe. "Burn" "tattoo" & "1200" are the hardcore tracks (reminisant of 216 musicaly). I like SS more than BSFUC. BSFUC came over long writing/pre production time and SS was put together quickly to get the new sound out before ppl lost intrest. Funny the album they tried harder on is worse. Lol just like slipknots AHIG was made very quickly with little pre production. Turned out amazing Even tho slip wasnt totaly happy with it. Its the ratio of preproduction with evolving elements of the band.

Dont change at all, your fans/record company will eventually have enough of you.

Change enough to keep materal fresh, my thoughts all the way thru SS days

Or you can be like MRH is now... keep changing AFTER you have established a nitch in the music genera and your fans will be divided to far apart. MRHs only flaw. They know what there fans wanna see but insist on changing. ("evolving" works for bands that havnt already peeked out there style. And MRH peeked almost 9 years ago. Atleast to me.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks for reading I had lots of time to kill.

Windows 8 on my PC is rediculous. Why cant I just add/see my picture files from "my computer" and add them to my post? Same goes with my phone... idk why I cant get a picture to post... is there a icon in "more reply options" im not seeing to import pictures? Sry this isnt posted under "tec help" or sumthin. Figure id just ask you. Lol I was sniped at 15seconds left on ebay for remix LP worried I mite be waiting a while to see another one. Is there anywhere else i might find one becides ebay or discogs? Thanks...

Lol btw... my woman calles my MRH collection a obsession (jokingly), I call it a rekindling of my origional self. A ressurection of my sole due to terrible past desisions. Something about MRH (slipknot, lamb of god) that makes me all worm and cozy inside. :)

"Get the hammers high... get in line and get f***** up! Calm and cool, corroupt, as the day is long as the damage done! We wont give away anything we've won!" (I cant not headbang to that song. Its impossable)

I really don't know much about Mushroomhead, but here is a fun story involving them.

Back in 2002 I was playing in a metalcore band and we put a show together at a venue in San Francsico called "The Pound" (which no longer exists). The bill was 3 local bands and skycamefalling and From Autumn To Ashes. This venue used to do "double shows" on Sundays, the first show would start at like 2pm and the other show would start at like 9pm. 

Needless to say we were fucking stoked to be playing this show...it was 2002, skycamefalling and FATA were fairly large national touring bands, it was an exciting opportunity for us.

Well the day before the show we get a call that Mushroomhead is playing that night and that they are demanding that the venue be empty by 2pm so they can soundcheck. Mind you this is a small venue...its not like they could be setting up a fucking arena style stage show/sound.

Long story short, we had to start our show at 10AM on a Sunday. There was like 30 people (basically our friends) that showed up because a) it was fucking 10AM and B) the show was promoted as starting at 2pm.

So I guess basically, fuck Mushroomhead. 

Carry on.

I can see that being frustrating but they did have 8 different guys and a lot of gear to set up not just guitars, bass, and drums.

Totally. Honestly it was really the venue's fault for being stupid/greedy and doing the double shows. It was 13 years ago so I am over it now. I just think of this story anytime someone mentions Mushroomhead.

Uploaded 3 more videos I dug up, 2 live videos and an old interview I just realized is already on YouTube ha.

Kill Tomorrow

Ego Trip Halloween '05 or '06

April Fools Joke

ManiaTV Interview

I also just scored 'A Compilation for Atonement' which features Integrity, State of Conviction, Psywarfare, and Rape Whistle put out on Dog Collar Records.