Record Stores in Austin

Waterloo is the big one. End of an Ear is pretty great too and worth the visit.

This thread has a lot of suggestions in it for food and things to do - http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/94445-austin/

Yeah, Waterloo is my absolute favorite, great store in a great part of town. End of an Ear is smaller, but still good. They are 5 minutes away from each other, so totally worth visiting both. Waterloo has taken a ton of my money over the years, love that place-

Waterloo is a bit overpriced.

I've been noticing this a lot lately. Just this week I went to check out both for the Gone Girl soundtrack. End of an Ear had it for $7 cheaper, plus I got to use my Go Local card which gave me an extra 10% off. Honestly I don't think it's so much that Waterloo is overpriced, it's that End of an Ear has great prices.

Just moved to Austin a few weeks ago and Ive been to Waterloo and End of an Ear a few times each. I definitely prefer End of An Ear. 

Waterloo is a little overpriced, but its not bad. Although they have a great selection, Ive found a lot more cooler stuff at End of an Ear. Snagged an Aaron Dilloway 12" their yesterday

I've been noticing this a lot lately. Just this week I went to check out both for the Gone Girl soundtrack. End of an Ear had it for $7 cheaper, plus I got to use my Go Local card which gave me an extra 10% off. Honestly I don't think it's so much that Waterloo is overpriced, it's that End of an Ear has great prices.

End of an Ear allows you to use the Go Local Card? I've never bought one before, but if they're slicing 10% off all purchases I'm down. 

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Trailer Space. Great little shop.

Overall, I find vinyl in Texas to be on the more expensive side compared to other places I've lived (including NYC). Or, maybe that's just the times and I'm out of the loop.

Records at Waterloo are always at least a couple bucks more than I see them elsewhere, but the selection is good enough that I can buy a lot of things I want in one fell swoop without paying shipping or going to a million stores.

Every year when I'm down for Psych Fest I check out End of am Ear and Warerloo. I always tend to find awesome psych records I've been looking for at End of an Ear (orange vinyl White Hills/Heads split and full set of Trensmat Hawkwind covers 7"s to name a couple). Waterloo is a great score if I lived there, but rarely find anything of note I don't find at home. Might skip Waterloo this year and check out Trailer Space and Piranha instead.

You guys need to hit Sound Gallery on South Congress. Not the Continental Club area. This is south of Ben White but at least there is parking. They've been getting tons of new vinyl in. And used titles I never see around town.

They also have gear vintage and new.. And a repair shop. On that note, I'm in there often because it's so close to me and half my visits I see someone bringing in a broken Crosley. The owner is trying to put together reasonably priced vintage systems as an alternative. He did well in December. Now he is getting low priced new tables in and powered speakers as a Crosley alternative. They don't sound bad. Really there is something there for all budgets.

They have little listening parties too. When Beatles mono came out I sat up there and drank free wine all day. I couldn't it make it to the night Jello Biafra came and spun records.

They probably have 3x the records now than you see on the web site.

http://soundgalleryaustin.com