Now! Marriages: Salome - 2/9/2015 Clear Vinyl Sargent House

drds89

After getting slammed at work last week you slackers making me start this thread, oy. ;)

Refreshing to read a review by someone who knows the band, it's history and members - and descriptions are very engaging.

On the first pass of "Skin" I'm hooked. I know Emma and Greg's chops well, but really a first hearing Clinco play the drums - and he's got some testosterone going on this shoegazish-haunting, genre-crossing song. Have no idea what the lyrics are. Looks like we get more detail of Emma's body as well, based on the cover.

I was going to buy this album sight unseen, almost out of 'have-to' after a budget hammering 2014, but now I'm looking forward to this with gusto.

Will update the best I can - please bump it and link new info if I go MIA...

http://www.stereogum.com/1730692/marriages-skin-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

https://marriagesmusic.bandcamp.com/album/salome

marriages-608x608.jpg

Got a chance to chat with Emma at a Tera Melos show in Portland a few months back, such an awesome person and insanely talented musician. Some Heavy Ocean was my favorite album of 2014 and Kitsune has been a mainstay in my rotation. Really looking forward to the new album and seeing them play with Helms Alee next week.

$3 at gohasting, if you care to trust their packaging http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Kitsune/sku/287388825.uts

don't buy this. i ordered it a year or so ago from this website for a little more than $3 thinking it was the first press but it was a totally different record by a different band. 

did everyone fail to read my post that stated i ordered that exact item from them an received an LP by some totally unknown band? they didn't send a replacement or anything because they didn't actually have any. they more than likely have a box of the aforementioned incorrectly labeled records and are still selling them.

I've had good luck with them, as well, but deletedunknown may have a valid point on this one. Shipping is only $1.29 on this for me, which is the same as shipping a CD.

At one point, GoHastings was doing .99$ shipping on LPs.  Worst case scenario is that I have to send it back, which isn't a big deal to me.

Wow, I didn't know that; that is awesome. I hope you get the right one, then. I went ahead and picked it up from the band's HelloMerch site.

This is another band that I have discovered because of this forum, so thanks for the post, Don.

The amount of new music that I'm keeping forever that I learned about from here eclipses any surfing discoveries I've made - pretty much gave up on that because the folks here are so great!

When I ordered  AAL Joy Of Motion from goHastings last year -- after they lowered their prices back down/getting spanked here for cranking them like flippers -- I thought there was a shipping mistake because it was only $1.29.  Expecting it to arrive in a bubble mailer, or the wrong album, etc. to my surprise it was shipped in a record mailer with bubble wrap!

But I would heek Eskimosnow's warning. Not sure about goHastings on returns.