Now! Marriages: Salome - 2/9/2015 Clear Vinyl Sargent House

drds89

Just had a chance to listen to a review copy of this. If you loved Kitsune and the two tracks previewed so far, trust me in telling you that will love the entirety of Salome. It's nothing like Kitsune and yet it's a logical move forward in their sound. 

Juan, congrats on landing that gig - you deserve it man! Looking forward to hearing it when the wax arrives :)

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to the whole thing and was pretty impressed just on one listen. I think it could grow even more with repeated listens. I'll more than likely pick this up within the next month or so. I loved Kitsune but felt that it cold have been a lot longer. This one has a pretty different feel but it kills it.

Went for a few listens of the leak and think it's a great album. I'll never cease to be amazed by Ms Rundle's vocals.

Read a review on Norman Records thought that wasn't impressed witht the album at all. Pfffttt....what do they know <_<

I will concede though that the first half of the album does feel a little unsure of itself whereas the second half is much more cohesive.

Kitsume (to my ears) flows like one long track with 6 subdivisions and vocal style/effects are -gaze for some

Salome doesn't feel this way at all after just a few listens, more like separate tracks. The mixing and producing are top notch and I am enjoying it greatly. Greg never disappoints on bass, and I like Clinco's drumming - more punchy than expected.

Emma's predominant vocal style on many tracks of Salome reminds me of A Year Of Spring with The Nocturnes project

It's definitely more separate tracks but on my fourth listen through I'm really feeling that it's much more cohesive than I first thought.

The moodiness that was prevalent on Kitsune is also very much still there. I personally noticed it less on the first listens because the 80s shoegaze vibes grabbed my attention most. Definitely love those A Year Of Spring vocals. So good to hear she's expanded her vocal reach with Marriages as well. Kitsune seemed to me kind of focused on creating a sort of enigmatic atmosphere so the vocals were fittingly less vulnerable on there.

Going to listen it all together with the deluxe bonus tracks now.

• 1 month later...