Using your record-cleaning machine CORRECTLY

Guest Haywood Yablome

Removing hyphen gives one the same result, Jimmeh. ............................ Allanh said something to the effect that my record machine technique was possibly in question. As I have never had a manual to go with the machine, I am intrigued - not that I think there is much technique to be gleaned here. But what I WOULD like to know - and what never comes up in these discussions - is: when scrubbing the record prior to putting it on the RCM, how vigerously does one do so.

Well Haywood me old mucker

You do use a lot of words, even more than I but bugger me it's hard work to read what you write.

Also it's a small thing but spelling someone's name correctly is a small detail and it is this sort of attention to detail that will help you in comprehending the information presented to you.

Please re read my post and then re read it again until you get the intent.

I questioned your use of your machine and quantified this by stating that I was not being an arse. I was posing this question because the old adage about a bad workman blaming his tools came to mind and as I intimated in that post those I have met who have had problems have either been using a method that is not effective or expecting to much from their method/machine.

With all these machines there are rudimentary instructions and the internet is full of words and videos on the subject but the end result for everyone is trial and error and research until you find a method and a cleaning solution that works for you.

Personally my method is similar to most I expect and I use that poncy French sounding stuff you mention, not for any other reason than I got it cheap and thought I'd try it but It works well for me. Yes it's a bit pricey but it's concentrated and you use so little at a time when you make up a bottle to use the little bottle lasts for years

In my experience the most effective method of cleaning really dirty records is the wood glue method but it's a little excessive for the average clean and it's a different subject entirely.

Do some more research and find a method that works for you or sell the poxy thing, no skin off our collective nose but if you want help ask don't be a pillock about it as it will only get you negative answers.

Guest Haywood Yablome

But anyways- you aren't a scientist, nor understand reading comprehension. I'm done.

Not a scientist,no.

But does 4 years university organic chemistry (& some inorganic) count?

I have not looked up the reactivity coefficient but I would think copper in this context is relatively bleeding INERT compared to calcium.

But - okay - supposing that dehumidifier water is just crawling with pernicious anemia-copper, we could easily chelate it out with EDTA. (Just kidding, Jimmeh.Then we would have to remove the EDTA from the record-cleaning solution, wot?)

Guest Haywood Yablome

Well Haywood me old mucker

You do use a lot of words, even more than I but bugger me it's hard work to read what you write.

Aye. Sorry abart that.-------I'm sure the problem is my system. I'm using a 90s computer with enough C: space to to fill a Hall's Menthylliptus-wotsit lozenge, nevermind fill Royal Albert Hall. And I am on dial-up. (This alone proves that I am 62 years of age.)

-------Mebbe if I feel up to it, this aft I will go use the library computer (and , at same time,pound this place with images.I cannot access my Photobucket account with this weak pooter.)

Guest Haywood Yablome

Hey! Foxin' Christ!

Those last two posts actually HAD SPACE BETWEEN THE LINES!!

Lets try something here:

Fox

Fox

(triple space) Fox!

Fox (single line 5 digit space) Fox! (single line 10 digit space)FOX!

Guest Haywood Yablome

Jimmeh is the Everyman. We is all Jimmehs.

---------------

I took special course in aromatic-ring chemistry.

Worked in a lab guess some 15 yahre, but bin retired 20 years now - forgot most all.

--------------------

SN1 nucleophylic substitution mechanism one??? Wots dat.