Tom Delonge Leaves Blink-182

I gotta be honest, I was the hugest blink fan through out high school (2000) and when they broke up the first time I was bummed.  When they got back together I was happy.  But they just arent the same anymore and I cant blame him for leaving.  He's over the band and wants to do his own thing.  AVA is nothing special, but this current album is fantastic.  I saw blink a dozen times in the past 15 years and the last time was Fall 2013 in the small club tour and I felt half way through the set that I was completely over this band.  They just werent fun anymore.  Good luck to all 3 of those dudes.

Well, the news I'm reading has the word "indefinitely" in it, when referencing Tom's stepping away from Blink. That's a significant word, I'd say.

He won't come back, he's balls-deep in that dumb kickstarter/merch PO junk he's trying to start up.

http://m.fastcompany.com/3038629/how-a-member-of-blink-182-is-secretly-changing-the-music-business

Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs are really hard listens, I honestly feel like lightning can strike again with Blink if they permanently replaced him with someone comparable and returned to the Enema/TOYPAJ era sound. There will always be a market for that kind of music.

I sorta saw this coming. I felt like over the past 2 years he just didn't want to record for Blink and all of his efforts was towards AvA. I hope Mark and Travis can find a new guitarist to record with whether it be Matt Skiba or another person to keep the band going. Maybe a change in personnel is what the band needs to get them going again. It's now nice to know that all current members truly do care about Blink-182 and the future of the band but knowing that Tom is gone and probably won't come back really sucks.

Also this gives Mark more time for Nothing and Nobody (which I am dying to hear) and possibly him and Travis could get +44 back together and get that 2nd album recorded.

Ya in all honesty this will probably but blink 182 in a better direction, although I do think it's very hard to replace Tom vocally, I'd imagine the next album (if it happens) to be very mark heavy in vocals.

That's the thing. Mark and Travis have yet to say the album won't happen so there's still hope. I just feel like there has to be that 2nd lead singer to make the next album a Blink album. So hopefully they bring in this guy from Alkaline Trio to replace Tom in the studio or they should possibly just move towards a new +44 album. I'm sure Mark and Travis will have this next show help them decide on whether the fans want Matt to stay or not just to give everyone a feel of what the future of Blink could be like but hopefully they will keep making music for Blink-182

Per Tom's FB from 5 mins ago

To all the fans, I never quit the band. I actually was on a phone call about a blink 182 event for New York City at the time all these weird press releases started coming in... Apparently those releases were 'sanctioned' from the band. Are we dysfunctional- yes. But, Christ..... ‪#‎Awkward‬‪#‎BabyBackRibs‬

Saw this coming a mile away. Every few months they'd come out and say oh we're gonna go into the studio soon... and yet AVA was pumping out stuff right and left. And, is everybody (not necessarily on VC) forgetting how bad Neighborhoods was? Glad they're done, and we can just look back at them for the "good times"