Skate and Surf Fest - May 16/17 - Reunions Galore!

I think I remember reading there were 6,500 people there on Saturday. I think that's reasonable for a niche festival. By the way, did anyone buy or see the Gaslight poster for the event? I circled the merch table five times yesterday and didn't see it. I guess it sold out. I was really hoping to pick one up.

it was like a light day on Warped Tour but with some old school reunions.  I had a blast!  I never felt like it was too crowded, and the security was pretty lax.  I snuck in some much booze.

some fun highlights

The Wonder Years - BEST SET OF THE WEEKEND!!! so much energy

Thrice, Manchester Orchestra, Aaron West and The roaring twenties - Amazing.  business as usual 

The Front Bottoms - first time ever hearing them.  call my curious.  gonna check out there recorded stuff.  THERE CROWD WAS FREAKING HUGE!!!

Poison The Well - those dudes killed it, but they look SO FREAKING OLD now.

Hot Rod Circuit - Power cut out on them in the middle of their set.  It looked frustrating and I had to walk away.

I think I remember reading there were 6,500 people there on Saturday. I think that's reasonable for a niche festival. By the way, did anyone buy or see the Gaslight poster for the event? I circled the merch table five times yesterday and didn't see it. I guess it sold out. I was really hoping to pick one up.

i snagged the poster with the boy and the girl on it.  it looks so dope!

Saw front bottoms at riot fest without knowing them and was blown away

it was like a light day on Warped Tour but with some old school reunions. I had a blast! I never felt like it was too crowded, and the security was pretty lax. I snuck in some much booze.

some fun highlights

The Wonder Years - BEST SET OF THE WEEKEND!!! so much energy

Thrice, Manchester Orchestra, Aaron West and The roaring twenties - Amazing. business as usual

The Front Bottoms - first time ever hearing them. call my curious. gonna check out there recorded stuff. THERE CROWD WAS FREAKING HUGE!!!

Poison The Well - those dudes killed it, but they look SO FREAKING OLD now.

Hot Rod Circuit - Power cut out on them in the middle of their set. It looked frustrating and I had to walk away.

Did you get it at the festival or directly from Hellgate? I'm kicking myself for not buying it directly from Hellgate when I had the opportunity. Gotta see if I can snag one from eBay when/if the prices fall.

I got it at the festival.  they had a sign up that said they only brought 40 of them into the show.  an hour later they didn't even have the display up anymore. 

That was the best I've ever seen Gaslight. The setlist was increible. http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gaslight-anthem/2015/asbury-park-oceanfront-asbury-park-nj-3c85d4b.html

Spraynard put on a good set too. Cool to see those dudes playing again.

I watched Spraynard as well.  They were a lot of fun. 

Daniel "The Best" Madson was his name right?

Yep, pretty sure that was it.  lol.

From Autumn to Ashes was pretty good - not the best set list in the world, but they only had about 40 minutes.  That was the first time I saw them with Francis as the lead vocalist so I was skeptical but it turned out alright; didn't miss Ben one bit.  Definitely planning on checking them out on that headlining tour they're about to do.

The dude giving away CDs on Saturday was the most annoying thing. Fucker was there all day and tried giving me a cd of his shitty music 3 times that day. I'm surprised they let him stay.

You should have saw the look I got when he tried to hand it to me and I said no.

Lasers came out of his eyes, I swear.