BARGAIN YOUR RECORDS !

Waves Records

I don't determine my prices this way. Now I've looked at discogs and some of the gradings are just not right. I've seen Mint condition with a little scratch. I've seen things that are not right. So I made some mistakes (and by the way thank you to all the critics on this forum, because I was able to fix them) but discogs is full of many people that know less about records than I do. 

Now as an example : BEATLES : "Help" (orange vinyl). I'll let you check the prices yourself. 

Here is the thing : Lowest one = $60 and highest one = $132. Mine is $66 

You need to factor in the shipping (at least $13). And it takes up to 10 days to be delivered (I shipped my whole collection to the US, I know what I'm talking about). On top of that you need to consider the risk factor (loss or damage). If that happens you need to deal with someone back in France (different time zone, language barrier)

Plus on discogs you don't always have pictures of the actual record that you are buying. 

So let's summarize : If you get the one at the lowest price = $60 + $13 (shipping) = $73 and you have to wait 10 days for your record if it arrives.

On Waves Records : $66 (without bargaining) + $3.50 (shipping) = $69.50 and you have the record in within 3 to 4 days. And if there is a problem we are in the US so it's easy to solve it.

Just saying...

Has anyone ever told you that you're a natural salesman?

Waves, have you tried checking this album out on Popsike?

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=beatles+help+orange&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

The most recent copy sold (with only one bid) for $76, but the majority of the copies of this are selling fairly recently from 25-50 bucks. The median price on discogs is $51 right now, and the median price on popsike is just $41.
I assure you, no one is going to buy a copy of that album for $132. Just because the high end is currently $132, it doesn't make $66 a deal for someone that would be really into this album and looked into prices. Even with your bargaining system, it would be more accurate to look at what's sold and not what's listed currently. People are completely off on their listing prices on Discogs sometimes.

For example, right now someone has the August Burns Red- Rescue and Restore boxset listed for $250 on discogs, when it's still up on their merchdirect site for $60. Doesn't mean it's worth that.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm for your business, but this is like opening a mini mart in Walmart's home town. You have to have excellent prices or some other unique incentive, or people are just going to head off to Discogs and buy that copy that's 5 dollars less, or add the item to their wantlist and wait until they find one in a better price range.

Edit: Read it wrong, that actually is sold out. Sorry guys. Haha.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm for your business, but this is like opening a mini mart in Walmart's home town. You have to have excellent prices or some other unique incentive, or people are just going to head off to Discogs and buy that copy that's 5 dollars less, or add the item to their wantlist and wait until they find one in a better price range

talking to waves is futile

charlie-talking-to-wall-o.gif

Waves, have you tried checking this album out on Popsike?

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=beatles+help+orange&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

The most recent copy sold (with only one bid) for $76, but the majority of the copies of this are selling fairly recently from 25-50 bucks. The median price on discogs is $51 right now, and the median price on popsike is just $41.

I assure you, no one is going to buy a copy of that album for $132. Just because the high end is currently $132, it doesn't make $66 a deal for someone that would be really into this album and looked into prices. Even with your bargaining system, it would be more accurate to look at what's sold and not what's listed currently. People are completely off on their listing prices on Discogs sometimes.

For example, right now someone has the August Burns Red- Rescue and Restore boxset listed for $250 on discogs, when it's still up on their merchdirect site for $60. Doesn't mean it's worth that.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm for your business, but this is like opening a mini mart in Walmart's home town. You have to have excellent prices or some other unique incentive, or people are just going to head off to Discogs and buy that copy that's 5 dollars less, or add the item to their wantlist and wait until they find one in a better price range.

Edit: Read it wrong, that actually is sold out. Sorry guys. Haha.

You can take your common sense and logic right out of this thread! There is no place for it here!