BARGAIN YOUR RECORDS !

Waves Records

If I buy a little baby hamster and let her chew off the corners of an LP cover through the slits of her cage, that LP cover will still be considered Near Mint?

I would say it is considered as G+ depending on the other defects of the sleeve and also the grade of the record itself.

Here is the LP cover that my tiny baby hamster nibbled on.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/6f7941_52c2173e3ffb4947980981e9e2703086.jpg_srz_613_619_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/6f7941_233b1f11c70c451fb6a4ac291080596f.jpg_srz_454_455_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Near mint, right?

One thing I have noticed is that Waves Records prices are based mostly on items for sale and not sold items (the Beatles Hollywood Bowl LP is a good example).

Items for sale are not market value they are what someone would like for something not what they have got for it. I can put a $1 item up for sale at $10 it doesn't mean I'm going to get $10 for it but I might get more than $1 if I find and idiot and it's still a $1 item and a shady selling model.

Sold items are more representative of market value so that means Discogs history, ebay history (sold only not sold and finished as finished doesn't mean sold) and Popsike sold values.

Whenever I sell on Discogs I have a look around the other sites, look at the Discogs sales history and then for the cheapest item of the same condition on sale and aim it a little lower, and if there are none for sale take an educated guess based on the sold values.

Rocket science it is not.

I have a Beatles For Sale LP I am wanting to sell. Its a first pressing made in Britain (Parlaphone) I have seen many different prices for it online so I am a bit lost at the mo. The record is in great condition, but the sleeve has seen better days. However, I am sure the right collector find it very intersting. Does anyone want to buy/ or can help me valuate it please? I am happy to email anyone pics as I can't fiure out how to ad photos on here?