Kenwood KD 2055?

So i'm looking for a new turntable because my Audio Technica lp 60 is starting to make weird noises when the motor runs and the platter starts spinning. nothing major just a small hum but its about time i upgrade anyway. I was searching through eBay and craigslist and came upon this guy selling his KD 2055 for $100. another guy with the same one selling of r$150. I did some more research on the turntable but I haven't seen any good response from it. If anyone owns one how is it? I hear its very well built but how does it sound? What cartridge are you using, amp, etc? Thanks!

Also, i know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for buying an lp 60. It was my first record player and i owned like 2 records at the time and it was almost 2 years ago so please save your comments for another thread thank you

The KD 2055 is a big step up from your LP60 which I'm guessing you already know.

It's a vintage table so condition is everything and the $100 one may or may not be the best buy.

It does have an advantage over some of it's contemporaries in that if you are at all mechanical you can make new armboards for it and fit a different arm on it.

Being a proper turntable it won't have an on board phono stage so if your amp or receiver doesn't have one already you will need an external one.

The KD 2055 is a big step up from your LP60 which I'm guessing you already know.

It's a vintage table so condition is everything and the $100 one may or may not be the best buy.

It does have an advantage over some of it's contemporaries in that if you are at all mechanical you can make new armboards for it and fit a different arm on it.

Being a proper turntable it won't have an on board phono stage so if your amp or receiver doesn't have one already you will need an external one.

Cool! thanks for the response. I guess it would be best to look for one of these locally then? It sounds like a very delicate machine. More delicate than others at least. The guy i was looking to buy one from live in oregon and I'm in texas haha