Dustin Kensrue - Carry the Fire (PO Now)

seangj

Dustin Kensrue announced today that his follow up to Please Come Home is called Carry The Fire and will be released 4/21.

PO here - http://kingsroadmerch.com/dustin%2Dkensrue/

There are a few shirt/poster bundles

LP alone is $16.99 

Tour Dates with Andy Hull!

03/18-20 – Austin, TX @ SXSW

04/21 – Chicago, IL @ The Bottom Lounge

04/22 – Ferndale, MI @ The Loving Touch

04/23 – Toronto, ON @ The Great Hall

04/24 – Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop

04/25 – Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts

04/26 – Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair

04/29 – Washington, DC @ Sixth & I Historic Synagogue

04/30 – Brooklyn, NY @ The Bell House

From his website:

Singer, songwriter and guitarist DUSTIN KENSRUE will release his new album, CARRY THE FIRE, on April 21, 2015 on Staple Records/Vagrant Records. The new album is the long anticipated follow-up to his 2007 solo debut, Please Come Home.

Kensrue, known for his dynamic solo performances and as frontman for Southern California rock band Thrice, engineered and produced the record on his own while mixing duties were handled by Brian Eichelberger and the album was mastered by Howie Weinberg.

“This record is a study in contrasts; light and darkness, flame and flood, true love and senseless hatred,” commented Kensrue. “What does it mean to ‘carry the fire’ when it so often seems like there is no light or warmth to be found at all? This is the question woven through the fabric of these ten songs.”

Kensrue was recently announced as a confirmed showcasing artist at this year’s upcoming SXSW conference in Austin, Texas in mid-March. Additional tour dates will be announced shortly.

CARRY THE FIRE track listing:

Ruby
Back to Back
Gallows
There’s Something Dark
Death or Glory
In the Darkness
Of Crows and Crowns
Juggernaut
What Beautiful Things
Carry The Fire

They didn't start in Vheissu...just sayin....Deadbolt is like right out of the book of Proverbs...

Seriously, I don't understand how people don't see the references in their early stuff. I grew up in church with Dustin, it's all right there and has been from the beginning. It's not anything new.

Seriously, I don't understand how people don't see the references in their early stuff. I grew up in church with Dustin, it's all right there and has been from the beginning. It's not anything new.

I missed it because I don't care for the early stuff. I couldn't tell you the last time I listened to anything pre-Vheissu.

The music that Dustin wrote for Water and Blood was worship music and is not the same as Thrice or Dustin Kensrue's solo material. Honestly I have nothing against religious themes in music or lyrics that talk about god, but I was not a fan of his worship album. I just don't like worship music. It was too much for me. I guess that's why I'm curious to see what this will sound like. Will it still hold true to the folksy/country/blues type music that was Please Come Home, or will it be different?