Sleep - Holy Mountain Limited Repress

Aye we in this baby! Can't wait to see what color it is! I PO'd it yesterday, thought I'd ring up the boys once I figured it was "legit"

I'm not one for buying multiples usually...but this is my second copy of this guy and I still couldn't be more stoked. Not to mention this gets me even more amped to go see then in a week!!! :)

There has been talk about this for a while. I'd like to see who is pressing it though. Last word was that earache was handling it, in which case I'd expect this to see us distribution as well. We'll keep an eye on it. I've ordered from rough trade before I think, but it was like 10 years ago. Almost 100% sure it's where I got my MBV - Loveless on red.

There has been talk about this for a while. I'd like to see who is pressing it though. Last word was that earache was handling it, in which case I'd expect this to see us distribution as well. We'll keep an eye on it. I've ordered from rough trade before I think, but it was like 10 years ago. Almost 100% sure it's where I got my MBV - Loveless on red.

I'm interested in who's pressing it too.  I'd really like if SL did, but I doubt they're involved.

The catalog # listed is mosh079fdr - that means it will be put out by Earache as part of their Full Dynamic Range remaster series, like they have done records from Entombed, Carcass, Bolth Thrower, Napalm Death etc. these last few years. They have also posted a picture of the Holy Mountain master tapes being dusted off at their various social media not too long ago.

But Rough Trade have been up and running since the late 70's in various forms, and their current mail order department is solid. Don't worry about ordering from them if you don't like waiting for Earache to announce the release themselves. If you want fancy colors, wait for the Earache preorder.

The catalog # listed is mosh079fdr - that means it will be put out by Earache as part of their Full Dynamic Range remaster series, like they have done records from Entombed, Carcass, Bolth Thrower, Napalm Death etc. these last few years. They have also posted a picture of the Holy Mountain master tapes being dusted off at their various social media not too long ago.

But Rough Trade have been up and running since the late 70's in various forms, and their current mail order department is solid. Don't worry about ordering from them if you don't like waiting for Earache to announce the release themselves. If you want fancy colors, wait for the Earache preorder.

Rad, thank you for the specifics.  I'm hoping I can get a copy domestically.  Been a good couple years for Sleep fans.

If it's an FDR, it's likely (but not certain) to be black if it's not sold through the Earache site. They usually have 4 variants; 100, 200 and 300 coloured and 400 black. They sometimes do wholesale/region specific variants as well.

Don't buy from Rough Trade unless it's an RT exclusive. You will ALWAYS find it cheaper elsewhere.

I don't know what to do!  Get this now, or wait for Earache...

I'm going to wait until a US distro gets it. I already have an earlier press of it so it's not an absolute must  to get right now, but I do want to get it. Plus, currently with one British pound equaling about $1.50 i'm going to be a cheap fuck and wait, for now. 

Do yourself a favor and check out some of the great music Rough Trade has released. They were a very important label.

Fact.

I'm going to wait until a US distro gets it. I already have an earlier press of it so it's not an absolute must  to get right now, but I do want to get it. Plus, currently with one British pound equaling about $1.50 i'm going to be a cheap fuck and wait, for now. 

Shipped to US it came out to $29 (they knock 3 pounds off because we don't pay VAT). I'm not sure it'll be much less expensive from a US distro.

Also, Rough Trade doesn't take money out until it ships, so it's a good backup. (which is what I'm using it as.) This way I don't have to stress about when it goes up elsewhere, though I will probably be trying to get a black copy and a colored copy because I'm the worst and apparently need 3 copies of this album.

Just my $.02.