PO: Bjork Catalog (Limited Colored Pressings of 5000)

I live in NJ too and I've gotten things from the UK through the cheap shipping options before. Never ordered through OLI though I don't know their packing methods ( I've had some arrive in proper mailers while others where thrown in big boxes stuffed with paper) but it's taken anywhere from the projected 2-3 weeks (and sometimes earlier) to a little over a month like with my most recent order. having no tracking and the wait can be daunting, but I've actually yet to lose a package from the UK. I've had USPS lose pricey, tracked records from mere states away. A shame

Ok. I mean I also ordered Vespertine two days ago with tracked shipping, so hopefully the other record I got today with the cheaper shipping will show up around the same time.

Here's why I will not buy from One Little Indian again.

I bought all Bjork releases at once during the last re-issues they did, and paid that insane shipping tag for Royal Mail. 

Only to find that they have shipped them from Toronto where they have a warehouse for North America, for a lot less mind you.

The warehouse sent them in a sloppy box via courier and I also got slapped with a 27% duty fee. In the end, that shit cost me cca. $50 per record.

They are a great label, but they don't care too much about things like... maybe having a North American online store, or having adequate shipping options for overseas. I mean, with the warehouse over on this side and all.

Now, I'm happy with my Bjork records, they make quality vinyl, but no more ordering from them... As much as I'd like these fruity frisbees.

Here's why I will not buy from One Little Indian again.

I bought all Bjork releases at once during the last re-issues they did, and paid that insane shipping tag for Royal Mail. 

Only to find that they have shipped them from Toronto where they have a warehouse for North America, for a lot less mind you.

The warehouse sent them in a sloppy box via courier and I also got slapped with a 27% duty fee. In the end, that shit cost me cca. $50 per record.

They are a great label, but they don't care too much about things like... maybe having a North American online store, or having adequate shipping options for overseas. I mean, with the warehouse over on this side and all.

Now, I'm happy with my Bjork records, they make quality vinyl, but no more ordering from them... As much as I'd like these fruity frisbees.

shit.

were the last reissues in 2008? Here's to hoping they have changed this shipping method.

I went with the cheap shipping, which was still like $38. If they can't safely get me 5 records from anywhere on the planet for $38 without charging some sort of duty fee, i'm going to flip my shit!

duty depends on the cost of the order and what the goods are. I didn't think about it when ordering but usually when i order from overseas it's one or two records at a time, no duty. But buying 3 or 4 records from them may mean duty will get charged. Just have to wait and see i guess.

IMHO customs fees depend totally on the country. Here in Germany we can get charged with additional 19% for packages that have a value of more than 22€ and come from outside the EU (if the package gets stuck in customs). I have no clue how the regulations are in the USA but hope for everyone that you won’t get any probs

OLI announced on facebook that they're running low on these, so I grabbed Debut, Homogenic and Vespertine in addition to Post which I ordered the first day. I'd rather not spend any more cause these prices are killing me. 5000 copies of each does seem like a lot though so if these aren't flipping for crazy prices after the release date then I might grab the last three albums then. 

Hmmm. Bullmoose has these listed as well http://www.bullmoose.com/search?Q=bjork&As=true&As=false&Cid=18&Pf=&Pt=&btnsearch=Search

but it's "Rare Item. We will try to get it for you" which leads me to believe that they won't actually be getting it, so could the same be true for Amoeba? They're both pretty well known retailers for vinyl so for one to get these and not the other seems a bit strange.

I find it hard to believe that OLI is moving 35,000 pieces of vinyl themselves. I would think they would send some to retail. Especially for albums that have been pressed several times before. I guess we'll know in a few weeks, but I would not be surprised to see these in stores.

The exclusivity may have been a window in which they were only available through them.

I know this has been previously posted, but... From OLI--

In celebration of Björk’s mid-career retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and the release of the Björk: Archives book, One Little Indian is reissuing the Björk vinyl back catalogue, and for an exclusive period the vinyl will be coloured to the hue that personifies that album character. After 5000 copies all albums will revert back to black vinyl.

Available exclusively from the One Little Indian Shop here!

- maybe it's time limited, but their copy sure doesn't read like it-

someone from one little indian answered my email (a little late now, given the amoeba listings) where i asked if the colored vinyl versions would available in the US at all:

"There will be some sent to our US distributer, but I don't know how many they will be getting or which stores they will be delivery to or if it's just online or not. Particularly as this is a limited run too."

someone from one little indian answered my email (a little late now, given the amoeba listings) where i asked if the colored vinyl versions would available in the US at all:

"There will be some sent to our US distributer, but I don't know how many they will be getting or which stores they will be delivery to or if it's just online or not. Particularly as this is a limited run too."

Well they didn't get back to me yet but this is enough for me to cancel my order from them and place one with Amoeba.