Dine Alone 10 Year Bundles (IT IS FINISHED.)

daegor

Damn, every time I see this bumped, I hope for a pt.2 update,

this. it's been over 3 months now! a rough timeline (is it even coming this year?) or some variant info would be really nice to have. i'm certainly still thrilled about the bundle and i'm glad I was lucky enough to grab one, but that's almost $100 out there with no updates... last time I looked, the individual releases are all still marked as pre-orders w/ no set release date.

Also it's perhaps a little off topic, but I need someone to be as excited about it as I am - anyone check out the Alexisonfire video from Reading last month yet? I totally forgot it was a thing until right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgziBEoiCHY

That was an awesome set.

• 4 weeks later...

I e-mailed them two weeks ago:

"Unfortunately I do not have any concrete updates for you at this time, but do feel free to follow up with me whenever you would like and I will happily answer any questions you may have. We are trying to move this project along as quickly as possible."

Just to voice a dissenting opinion:

Maybe my expectations were more inline with what's going on for this pre-order, or maybe I'm extraordinarily patient... I went into the pre-order fully aware that I was pre-ordering bundle 2 with no delivery date announced AND knew that bundle one had already been delayed for people who ordered it. I would really really love to get that coloured moneen album ripping on my system ASAP, but I feel comfortable assuming that Dine Alone aren't a bunch of scummy dicks out to screw people over and are doing what they can to make this happen in a realistic time frame. It'll come when it comes, and it'll probably be very worth the wait. If not - I live a block away and come the 1 year mark I'll just pop in during office hours and help myself to some office furniture to recoup my costs ;)

Which reminds me, I need to go over and pick up my BR/DGES 7" right now.

To be fair though: a status update would be appreciated.

Just to voice a dissenting opinion:

Maybe my expectations were more inline with what's going on for this pre-order, or maybe I'm extraordinarily patient... I went into the pre-order fully aware that I was pre-ordering bundle 2 with no delivery date announced AND knew that bundle one had already been delayed for people who ordered it. I would really really love to get that coloured moneen album ripping on my system ASAP, but I feel comfortable assuming that Dine Alone aren't a bunch of scummy dicks out to screw people over and are doing what they can to make this happen in a realistic time frame. It'll come when it comes, and it'll probably be very worth the wait. If not - I live a block away and come the 1 year mark I'll just pop in during office hours and help myself to some office furniture to recoup my costs ;)

Which reminds me, I need to go over and pick up my BR/DGES 7" right now.

To be fair though: a status update would be appreciated.

Didn't bundle 1 only take 4 months total though? And they were much better with keeping people updated on its status.

I don't think they ran off with my money or anything like that, it's just shitty business to take people's money and then not let them know what's going on for this long.

Dine Alone is definitely not shady. Production delays have become common place unfortunately. I just got shipping conformation for the new Yukon Blonde LP which I pre ordered in April.

The volume of material being pressed along with this bundle is pretty substantial, 10,000+ LPs, blu rays, packaging, ... And from my experience DA won't deliver a sub par product. So if there are issues that had to be addressed that unfortunately adds to the delays.

I imagine the preorder was timed to take advantage of the AOF reunion announcement. Not having these records at any of the shows this summer must have been a huge disappointment for the label, they probably could have sold a huge chunk of this pressing without issue.

As frustrating as it might be for some people to not have their records, I'm sure it's more frustrating for the label not having the product to sell/distribute and having to deal with the questions of how much longer, when they are probably asking the same questions to the pressing plants/suppliers.

The bundles will come, and they will be glorious!