Dine Alone 10 Year Bundles (IT IS FINISHED.)

daegor

I don't think they ran off with my money or anything like that, it's just shitty business to take people's money and then not let them know what's going on for this long.

For example. I ordered the Sweet Jesus LP in March I think. Just got it a few weeks ago.

But I was completely unfazed because they gave updates along the way. Had a rejected test press or two and let everyone know. Yeah it was lame, but I knew what was going on - and it was only a $12 LP.

For example. I ordered the Sweet Jesus LP in March I think. Just got it a few weeks ago.

But I was completely unfazed because they gave updates along the way. Had a rejected test press or two and let everyone know. Yeah it was lame, but I knew what was going on - and it was only a $12 LP.

Exactly. All these people going on the defensive for DA are missing the point.

Yes, delays happen. That's not what is bothering us, it's the lack of transparency as to what the delay is, and the lack of updates along the way.

I'm not bothered by the delays tbh. I know the products will be worth it and I've never had anything but awesome service from DA.

Bring Me Your Love was delayed about 6months in total, if I remember rightly?

I'm more concerned with when Bundle 3 will be announced, as we're already in October and still no word on it

Lol, Dine alone is not shady, one of my best friends works for them and I have met Justin on an occasion or 2.

Sucks that its taking this long, but it'll come. I'm hoping before 2016.

Ive been doing my best not to ask about this release because I know Ive bothered Justin in the past lol :P

Update would be nice though!

Just to voice a dissenting opinion:

Maybe my expectations were more inline with what's going on for this pre-order, or maybe I'm extraordinarily patient... I went into the pre-order fully aware that I was pre-ordering bundle 2 with no delivery date announced AND knew that bundle one had already been delayed for people who ordered it. I would really really love to get that coloured moneen album ripping on my system ASAP, but I feel comfortable assuming that Dine Alone aren't a bunch of scummy dicks out to screw people over and are doing what they can to make this happen in a realistic time frame. It'll come when it comes, and it'll probably be very worth the wait. If not - I live a block away and come the 1 year mark I'll just pop in during office hours and help myself to some office furniture to recoup my costs ;)

Which reminds me, I need to go over and pick up my BR/DGES 7" right now.

To be fair though: a status update would be appreciated.

This.

I've ordered from Dine Alone countless times, there's no doubt they'll come through with a quality package.

I totally would have liked a little more communication, but all they would say is "Sorry, delayed" so... meh?

This.

I've ordered from Dine Alone countless times, there's no doubt they'll come through with a quality package.

I totally would have liked a little more communication, but all they would say is "Sorry, delayed" so... meh?

Or "sorry, the tests came back and weren't up to our standards. New test presses should be back in a couple weeks. We'll keep you updated."

Explanations can go a long way in keeping customers happy.

Or "sorry, the tests came back and weren't up to our standards. New test presses should be back in a couple weeks. We'll keep you updated."

Explanations can go a long way in keeping customers happy.

Not this customer.

If it's delayed it's delayed, I couldn't give two shits why it's delayed.  The end result is the same if I know why it's delayed or not, I don't have the record right now.

EDIT:  I do have to admit that I know I'm not the norm here.  I realize that I have a different view of "good" customer service.  Traits that are often lauded as examples of "good" customer service in regards to anticipating a customers wants/needs I find quite predatory.  This is always a point of contention with wife, we'll both walk into a store, and upon leaving realize that we've had two totally different experiences.  If we go in and the sales people say nothing or just say "Hi, let me know if you need any help", or similar and then leave us alone I find this to be a pleasant customer service environment.  If I want something, I'll ask, I'd rather not be approached.  If they are approaching me I find it pushy and unpleasant.  On the flip side, if they leave us alone my wife finds that they were rude and doesn't want to shop there again.

EDIT:  I do have to admit that I know I'm not the norm here.  I realize that I have a different view of "good" customer service.  Traits that are often lauded as examples of "good" customer service in regards to anticipating a customers wants/needs I find quite predatory.  This is always a point of contention with wife, we'll both walk into a store, and upon leaving realize that we've had two totally different experiences.  If we go in and the sales people say nothing or just say "Hi, let me know if you need any help", or similar and then leave us alone I find this to be a pleasant customer service environment.  If I want something, I'll ask, I'd rather not be approached.  If they are approaching me I find it pushy and unpleasant.  On the flip side, if they leave us alone my wife finds that they were rude and doesn't want to shop there again.

polls_mccain_walmart_greeter_3423_768920

I feel the same way in a situation where people are readily available to be asked for help.

In this situation, I prefer some sort of update, even if it's just, "Hey, we know it's been 3 months since you pre-ordered, here's where we are in process." I mean, they send out emails letting you know to buy their other shit that I don't care about, why not put a little blurb in there.

Everyone needs to chill! Dine Alone are great people and no one is going to get short changed, and I'm sure the records will look great when they're ready. It would be cool to know a rough expectation of when these might start to ship, simply because I'm a horribly impatient person. But seriously, no need to get your panties in a knot.

Everyone needs to chill! Dine Alone are great people and no one is going to get short changed, and I'm sure the records will look great when they're ready. It would be cool to know a rough expectation of when these might start to ship, simply because I'm a horribly impatient person. But seriously, no need to get your panties in a knot.

Learn to read.

been a bit absent recently, im back and answering every question you have..

right now the complete bundle pt2 is looking like Q1 2016.. kills me to say that and had we had any idea of the headaches that happened during this release we wouldn't have set a PO. 

we've switched plants, were given exceptionally unrealistic press dates, had shit tests, artwork issues.. you name it.

there will without a doubt be an amazing set when this is finished, unfortunately this is honestly longer than anyone wanted. on that note, if you're totally pissed - please reach out to us for a refund. if you can wait, we're doing something special for the people who pre-ordered and have been waiting patiently

my email: [email protected]

store email: [email protected]

right now the complete bundle pt2 is looking like Q1 2016.. kills me to say that and had we had any idea of the headaches that happened during this release we wouldn't have set a PO. 

we've switched plants, were given exceptionally unrealistic press dates, had shit tests, artwork issues.. you name it.

there will without a doubt be an amazing set when this is finished, unfortunately this is honestly longer than anyone wanted. on that note, if you're totally pissed - please reach out to us for a refund. if you can wait, we're doing something special for the people who pre-ordered and have been waiting patiently

store email: [email protected]

Thanks Justin. Pumped for the set.

:wub:

store email: [email protected]

Perfect update! <3 thank you

@justindinealone Is this also the case for the other pre-orders? Specifically Alexisonfire - Live At Copps and Moneen - Are You Really Happy vinyl I really want these I just don't want to pay for something and have to wait an unknown length of time to recieve them. They have already been up for preorder for a few months and.no estimated release date has been set so if you have any information on these releases that would be greatly appreciated. I also don't want to wait to long and have them sell out or something. Also any idea when the last "coming soon" Vinyl in the Rare Section will be announced!? I constantly check to see if it changes to something awesome like Moneen - The Red Tree...I would buy it in a second! I want that vinyl so bad. Thank you for your time man!

@justindinealone Is this also the case for the other pre-orders? Specifically Alexisonfire - Live At Copps and Moneen - Are You Really Happy vinyl I really want these I just don't want to pay for something and have to wait an unknown length of time to recieve them. They have already been up for preorder for a few months and.no estimated release date has been set so if you have any information on these releases that would be greatly appreciated. I also don't want to wait to long and have them sell out or something. Also any idea when the last "coming soon" Vinyl in the Rare Section will be announced!? I constantly check to see if it changes to something awesome like Moneen - The Red Tree...I would buy it in a second! I want that vinyl so bad. Thank you for your time man!

Q1 for AOF "Copps" and Moneen "Happy" for sure.. i don't know what to tell you about them selling out, there's always a chance they will? haha

coming soon was going to be test pressings but going through all of them has proven too difficult right now.. maybe when we launch our christmas stuff?

I can wait. Hell, I've waited almost 3yrs for that AOF live DVD, so what's an extra few months on a pre-order!?

As for those test pressings, come Xmas time, I may have to just sit on the site 24/7! Would love to pick up a C&C or AOF test!

@Justin - will this update have an effect on bundle 3 too? Is that still likely to 1. Be announced before the year's out? Or 2. Still happen at all?

Cheers for any info dude.

I can wait. Hell, I've waited almost 3yrs for that AOF live DVD, so what's an extra few months on a pre-order!?

As for those test pressings, come Xmas time, I may have to just sit on the site 24/7! Would love to pick up a C&C or AOF test!

@Justin - will this update have an effect on bundle 3 too? Is that still likely to 1. Be announced before the year's out? Or 2. Still happen at all

There won't be a third bundle, just doing separate releases moving forward for the rest of the year!