PO: Cartel - Chroma (10 Year Anniversary Band Pressing) - 2/4

gmoney

Lol at $10 shipping. Do labels/bands not think to themselves "Wow, $10 for shipping sounds a little much. Maybe we should look into it!"

Easy pass for me. I've really put a stop to vinyl orders over $30 lately. Unless it's super cool and a 2xlp I have a hard time paying over $25. It's a good thing though because I end up not buying something I wouldn't listen to in the first place. Like this :)

Hi Ashton, please see below from Field Day:

"Postage alone on average is about $5.75. Also have to including the vinyl cardboard packaging for shipping, bubble wrap, and insurance. This is a dual 180 gram LP- that weighs more so shipping will be more. This record will weigh 2 to 2.5 times more than a normal single record."

• 1 month later...

Here's the message btw:

Message from Cartel:

To our fans who have purchased a copy of Chroma on vinyl: we have some pretty crappy news. The fear of every band and label that puts a record into production for vinyl has become a reality for us, as our pressing plant notified us that they’ve run into a manufacturing error with Chroma. 

While we were hoping that this would be only a minor setback and that we would still have the records in time for the beginning of the Chroma tour, due to Record Store Day forcing record plants around the US (and the world) into operating beyond maximum capacity, we are now being told that our records won’t be getting sent out to us until mid-May at this point. We asked if there is ANY way for us to get the records before then, even if that meant paying extra out of our pockets, but we’ve been told there is no way to speed this up. We are extremely disappointed, but since it is something that is out of our control, we are trying to accept that fact and work with what has been handed to us.

If you ordered a VIP package that included the Cartel Chroma record, through Prekindle, your record was originally set to be picked up at the show. Due to manufacturing delays, your record will now be shipped( at no cost to you) to the billing address associated with the card used during purchase. 

If you would like to change your shipping address, visit [http://goo.gl/forms/tyLqqQm4IZ]. Only fill out this form if you wish to have your record sent to an address other than your billing address. 

Please note that all request must be submitted by Friday, April 3, 2015 5:00pm (CST)

Again, we are extremely sorry about this even though it is not under our control, but want to do what we can to make it right by you. If you have any questions/want to vent/etc, please email our manager Rohan at [email protected] and we will work on taking care of you.

- Will, Nick, Joseph, Kevin
   (Cartel)