PO: Cartel - Chroma (10 Year Anniversary Band Pressing) - 2/4

gmoney

I'll start on the only positive that my copy is sounding great (side B is just finishing).

Mine arrived dinged up pretty bad. It doesn't look 'too' bad in the pics but because of the cutout sleeve all the letters are out of place and it just looks a shambles. The inside is essentially just a gatefold, with paper vinyl sleeves that are not lined and frankly kinda flimsy; mine also have print smears from the gatefold. Vinyl colour is obviously white, nothing spectacular there.

I must say I'm quite deflated after spending so much on this. Excluding the white sleeve this is simply a regular double gatefold vinyl... no two ways about it. If my copy was pristine I'd probably be a bit more enthused. Can't wait to hear other opinions.  I think I've been fleeced, though I'm really glad to have the album.

jtv4sk.jpg

I must say I'm quite deflated after spending so much on this. Excluding the white sleeve this is simply a regular double gatefold vinyl... no two ways about it. If my copy was pristine I'd probably be a bit more enthused. Can't wait to hear other opinions.  I think I've been fleeced, though I'm really glad to have the album.

For $30, it looks like I'd expect. Gatefolds can be expensive to make. Add in a die-cut sleeve and it goes up even more.

was it shipped in a proper mailer?

This is shipped in one of the larger mailers that fits a well padded double LP or 2-3 slim vinyl. The problem might've been that there was only one length of bubble wrap around the front/back, nothing protecting the top/bottom or the corners. Mine has obviously succumbed to a FedEx battering and been jiggling around in there.

For $30, it looks like I'd expect. Gatefolds can be expensive to make. Add in a die-cut sleeve and it goes up even more.

Yeah fair point. I think I'm being a bit harsh because of the extra cost factored in with shipping and the fact that its dinged. Looking at the package again, if it weren't dinged, from the outside it would look pretty darn nice. 

Oh, and I got #725.

Yeah fair point. I think I'm being a bit harsh because of the extra cost factored in with shipping and the fact that its dinged. Looking at the package again, if it weren't dinged, from the outside it would look pretty darn nice. 

Oh, and I got #725.

paying $10 extra for shipping for it to come in like that tho... i totally understand your frustration. you should email their manager about it.

paying $10 extra for shipping for it to come in like that tho... i totally understand your frustration. you should email their manager about it.

O and yeah, having paid $10 for shipping, if mine shows up that beat up I'm definitely going to email them about it (and I'm not that kind of person, I don't know that I've ever complained about the condition a record has showed up in before).

O and yeah, having paid $10 for shipping, if mine shows up that beat up I'm definitely going to email them about it (and I'm not that kind of person, I don't know that I've ever complained about the condition a record has showed up in before).

me too. i have plenty of records with seam splits and whatnot. but i didnt pay a ridiculous $10 for those to ship lol. plus this is a gift for my bf so i don't want him to have a damaged product.

O it's numbered? I don't remember them saying that, that's cool. Also, does that die-cut slide over top of the gatefold jacket? The picture appears that way but I can't tell.

Yep hand numbered, it was a tiny line just next to them saying there'd be a 1000 copies. And yeah the die-cut slides in exactly as in the promo materials (you put the gatefold in from the right).

Yep hand numbered, it was a tiny line just next to them saying there'd be a 1000 copies. And yeah the die-cut slides in exactly as in the promo materials (you put the gatefold in from the right).

Sweet! Usually I'm all over those kind of details, but somehow missed all of it with this release. Guess I was just excited to get rid of my etr copy and snag this haha

Got my copy today. A few corners are slightly dinged but overall not worth complaining over. Seam splits also. Definitely a shame as the quality of evrything is fantastic. Just listened to the records and its miles ahead of the ETR pressing. No wonder considering they squeezed it all on 1 LP.

My copy has a few ticks that of course happen in the dead quiet bits.

Overall very happy though!