PO: Cartel - Chroma (10 Year Anniversary Band Pressing) - 2/4

gmoney

Delays happen. There are plenty of other releases to keep you occupied.

I guess I'm a little more lax because I ordered "pick up at show" and because of the delay they are gonna mail it to me for free

of course delays happen. maybe if we were as financially stable as kanye west it wouldn't be a big deal. but here's this: we pay good money for a product and hear close to nothing as far as when we're going to receive it. in the one update we did get, they say "we'll refund you if ya want!" except they use that line of communication to try to keep you in the whole paying for nothing position.

i've got nothing against delays, i know its out of the band/label's hands. i waited 11 months for a record last year. the issue is how its handled and dealt with from there on out. it really doesn't make any sense to say "there are plenty of other releases" because a hard earned dollar is a hard earned dollar no matter how you look at it.

"While we were hoping that this would be only a minor setback and that we would still have the records in time for the beginning of the Chroma tour, due to Record Store Day forcing record plants around the US (and the world) into operating beyond maximum capacity, we are now being told that our records won’t be getting sent out to us until mid-May at this point. We asked if there is ANY way for us to get the records before then, even if that meant paying extra out of our pockets, but we’ve been told there is no way to speed this up. We are extremely disappointed, but since it is something that is out of our control, we are trying to accept that fact and work with what has been handed to us."

It's technically "mid may" tomorrow. Why not wait until the end of the month to throw up your pitchforks? 

"While we were hoping that this would be only a minor setback and that we would still have the records in time for the beginning of the Chroma tour, due to Record Store Day forcing record plants around the US (and the world) into operating beyond maximum capacity, we are now being told that our records won’t be getting sent out to us until mid-May at this point. We asked if there is ANY way for us to get the records before then, even if that meant paying extra out of our pockets, but we’ve been told there is no way to speed this up. We are extremely disappointed, but since it is something that is out of our control, we are trying to accept that fact and work with what has been handed to us."

It's technically "mid may" tomorrow. Why not wait until the end of the month to throw up your pitchforks? 

I know what it says. I didn't even preorder this for myself. I never once said I'm upset or that I want a refund. I did say that I've waited 11 months for a preorder last year. This isn't a new concept. My issue is with you telling everyone how they should act about where their money is being spent. You've managed to miss that point twice now.

• 2 weeks later...

<3 mid may <3

From Cartel's facebook:

VINYL UPDATE!

Cartelians - it is with much pleasure, and relief, that at long last we can announce that our Chroma vinyl EXIST. Our label will be getting the shipment in shortly, after which they will be fulfilling and sending you your records ASAP. We understand these are being sent out much later than originally anticipated, and we sincerely, sincerely appreciate your patience. Please know that nothing will make us happier than getting these in your hands. For any further questions, please reach out to our manager Rohan - [email protected] - and he will help out best he can. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bearing with us through this process!

So hopefully by the end of the month...

I found this out bc I had been tweeting the band every so often asking for an update. They finally replied to me today with this:

@ashtonpopiel https://www.facebook.com/cartel  posted that last week. There's an update post on there. vinyl in hand and being packaged/sent...

So it looks like they might be already on their way out the door.