PO Now: Giraffes? Giraffes! - Spazz Master 7"

I was also going to add that new ASIWYFA, but I'm not crazy about the U.S. variant.  Chelsea Wolfe is later this year, too.  Not sure if you're a fan of all of those artists, but Sargent House is killing it with releases currently in the pipeline.

I hope there are some cool colorways for the new pressings of Milk Mouth and Superbass.  I don't think G?G! have released a single piece of wax that wasn't colored, so signs are good.

So much good stuff this year, Sargent House in particular is indeed bringing it hard. Looking forward to the new Mylets also. I'm holding off on the ASIWYFA for now. That new single sounds really good to my ears, but I'm still a bit wary after AHBF.. I didn't know Chelsea Wolfe was dropping an album this year. I was really into Pain Is Beauty for a while. Yet another release to look forward to. 

Haha, they could go in any direction for the Milk Mouth press. That cover is all over the map... I believe you mentioned owning Pink Magick, what color is that? I love the cover, hoping for a complementary slab of wax with the re-press.

A bit of apprehension is completely understandable with the new ASIWYFA, considering how unpredictable AHBF is.  But yeah, as solid as Chelsea's discography is, Pain Is Beauty takes the cake for me.  I'm expecting big things from the new album.

Something like a translucent maroon (or red) with yellow + green splatter could work well with Milk Mouth.  It'd be an eyesore, sure, but that's exactly what the cover is.  I do own a copy of Pink Magick and it is, appropriately, on opaque pink vinyl.  I also hope they do something cool for anyone looking to own the repress.

[edit]

Relevant mockup I whipped up, ages ago.  Fairly "safe" but I think I'd honestly love either one.

sb-mockup.png

I doubt they'll do anything too terribly elaborate - seeing as these presses are likely DIY, as all their prior ones - so super fancy variants are probably off the table... but.  Can you imagine if they went with "black blots" inside translucent orange?  Think something like;

10948851_874494115939466_511509793_n.jpg

But with a bunch of smaller blots, and the color combination from above.  First ever "giraffe" variant, in theory.  I think it could be glorious, regardless of how impractical it actually is.

• 3 weeks later...

Superbass remaster just went up for digital download, too. I don't nornally pay for downloads, but considering where the money is going and how DIY the band is, I think I may.

[edit]

The band just posted about the remastered digital albums, with a reminder that the vinyl is coming "later this year".  Apparently they're waiting on the masters.  Patience is a virtue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks, Derek!

Absolutely.

My friend sent me a link to this earlier. I'm pretty excited for this.

Very nice.  I share the excitement, I think.  I really hope they stick to their guns and get Superbass pressed before the year is over, too.  Shame that they both didn't go up in a bundle or something, but I'm too stoked to gripe at this point.

• 2 weeks later...