Any Marilyn Manson Repress News?

I have seen a topic or two on this, most seem to be pretty old and generally devolve into fighting.   But being a big Manson fan, I wonder if anyone has any news or speculation if there will be any represses?

The only MM title I own on vinyl is Born Villian, which I am not too thrilled with. I have thought about buying Pale Emperor, but I really would love to have Portrait, AntiChrist, Holywood, Golden Age, and High End of Low.  

I apologize in advance if this topic has been beaten to death.  I am still relatively new to vinyl (maybe a year or so) and still amazed at the information people seem to have when I scour the internet for hours looking for things.  

Antichrist Superstar was released a few times over the years, most recently 2 years ago by Hot Topic.

Mechanical Animals was also repressed by Music On Vinyl 2 years ago.

Portrait Of An American Family was repressed like 3 years ago, in an odd looking box-gatefold, that included a t-shirt.

No pressings of Holy Wood, Golden Age, or High End Of Low for several years, I don't think High End Of Low was ever available on Vinyl.

Your best bet is to check Discogs.com for exact pressing information on all pressings.

Hopefully, Manson allows his albums to be rereleased soon. Would like to have all of them...

Dawg,

I do frequently purchase from Discogs.  I have had a lot of success finding things on there and fortunately worked with really good people.   But the Manson I generally find is outrageously priced.  I just can't justify spending $150.00 on a record, regardless of how much I like it.

Dawg,

I do frequently purchase from Discogs.  I have had a lot of success finding things on there and fortunately worked with really good people.   But the Manson I generally find is outrageously priced.  I just can't justify spending $150.00 on a record, regardless of how much I like it.

Yeah the thing that sucked is Antichrist was limited to 2000 and the MOV Mechanical Animals which is identical to another pressing they did several years ago, and to the original only had 2000 copies. Neither were numbered, I don't think...

Theres a dude on this board Travis, who works for or is associated with Hot Topic, and somehow gets some insider info, said that hey had plans for other albums, but Manson's people or record label advised them they weren't interested in doing anything further. If you dig deep on the message board, I'm sure you can find the thread from a few years back.

Hopefully this year we finally get some new pressings!

I appreciate the genuine responses.  I try not to insult others music taste.  I agree, there is a bit of a cult fandom to AS.   I just really like his stuff.  I admit his last three to four albums were a disappointment, other than High End of Low, but that doesn't diminish his early work for me.

As for the other responses, I really appreciate them too.   Being an obtuse asshole on the internet is such a novel concept, never seen that before.   Thanks.

I have only heard two songs off Pale Emperor, and they were both pretty good, but nothing that made me feel that I needed to purchase it.  I did read a couple of reviews online where they stated it was somewhat his return for antichrist form.   That, in itself, has me interested.  I will check into it further, especially if you think it holds up well against his past work.

Not to nitpick, but MOV has never released any Manson. The last Mechanical Animals release (2012) was on Nothing/Back to Black.

The really amusing thing about that release is that 1) it sounds awesome 2) when I was widely available at the same time as the HT ACSS reissue people were asking for a new pressing of MA because the back to black was too expensive. Now it's OOP and people are paying 3x what they could have bought it for when it was widely available.

Also, I'm in the minority, but I think the Eat Me Drink Me was a incredible album, it has a sound similar to The Pale Emperor, but people don't seem to be into it. Pale is a great album too. Very moody and dark but still very melodic.

The really amusing thing about that release is that 1) it sounds awesome 2) when I was widely available at the same time as the HT ACSS reissue people were asking for a new pressing of MA because the back to black was too expensive. Now it's OOP and people are paying 3x what they could have bought it for when it was widely available.

All very true. Annnnnnnndddd.... the Back to Black repress retains the original vinyl release w/ tracks separated into Mechanical Animals / Omega & the Mechanical Animals. So thats a plus.

Pale Emporer sounds NOTHING like Antichrist. Not putting either down, but there is little connection in any way.

I feel like that happens no matter what when an artist comes out with a new album. Someone always tries to create hype by claiming the new albums sounds like an old one.

I remember before In Utero came out it was supposed to be "Bleach II". Not even close.

Pale Emporer sounds NOTHING like Antichrist. Not putting either down, but there is little connection in any way.

I feel like that happens no matter what when an artist comes out with a new album. Someone always tries to create hype by claiming the new albums sounds like an old one.

I remember before In Utero came out it was supposed to be "Bleach II". Not even close.

I don't think anyone said they sounded the same, just that it holds up and is as solid as earlier stuff.

That said, I don't know why I'm reading this thread, as I care nothing about it.