PO: DGD - INSTANT GRATIFICATION 4/14

Happiness is actually my favorite of theirs, followed by Acceptance Speech and then DMBII.

I think the main reason why I don't like the first two albums nearly as much as the more recent ones is because Jon's screaming voice was awful. Like, real awful. Especially on Deathstar. Although, it did get better on DBMII, and waaaay better on Acceptance Speech. I'm glad he didn't change it up again on the new album, from what we've heard so far.

I think self titled was probably my favorite. But since tilian has joined i must be one of the few that think acceptance speech is one of the best albums so far. Still jam that album weekly. On the run is amazing too can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

I don't jam Acceptance Speech as much as I should. I do dig Pearson, though. I need to give it another listen.

Also curious if HT will have a variant.

I don't jam Acceptance Speech as much as I should. I do dig Pearson, though. I need to give it another listen.

Also curious if HT will have a variant.

Pearson and Jon mess are an awesome combo I think, their voices work really well together. Definitely should check it out again if you get a chance tho. Only has a few bumps in it from start to finish.

Happiness is actually my favorite of theirs, followed by Acceptance Speech and then DMBII.

I think the main reason why I don't like the first two albums nearly as much as the more recent ones is because Jon's screaming voice was awful. Like, real awful. Especially on Deathstar. Although, it did get better on DBMII, and waaaay better on Acceptance Speech. I'm glad he didn't change it up again on the new album, from what we've heard so far.

With respect,

Holy shit this is DGD blasphemy.  Of course we are each welcome to our opinion, but Deathstar is pure gold and the absolute masterpiece of the band.  Happiness is definitely a favorite, and even Acceptance Speech, they're right up there in the number one spot but each album is so unique.  With that being said, Mess' voice is executed so well on that record, it carries an abrasive, raw attitude that perfectly fits with the theme and music.  It's not meant to be pleasant, hence "People You Know" and I wouldn't want it any less harsh on "Rock Solid".  If I were to scream, Mess is king and his work on that record is textbook.

With that being said, I absolutely love the way his vocals have progressed, just as cool today but that goes with the theme of DGD always changing.  I gotta admit, I need to listen to DBMII a lot more, I have always been 100% on the side of Kurt in this band, musically, but Tilian meets and brings the sickest sound to the current lineup.  It's been my opinion that Craig's masterpiece was always Relativity and that everyone was in the right place before DGD pulled a DGD.

Does anyone who pre-ordered (an extra of) either variant want to help me and sell one?

Personally, Whatever I Say is a Royal Ocean and Downtown Battle Mountain are my favorite DGD albums. When I first heard a few songs off of Whatever I Say is a Royal Ocean back in 2005-2006 I didn't know what to think, but the songs quickly grew on me and I fell in love with DGD. Played those 7 songs off WISIARO over and over again until DBM came out, and I did the same thing with that album. I do enjoy the progression that DGD has gone through over the years as all bands should grow, learn and get better, and it couldn't have been easy with all of the changing band members, but I still rock both WISIARO and DBM more so than the others. 

With respect,

Holy shit this is DGD blasphemy.  Of course we are each welcome to our opinion, but Deathstar is pure gold and the absolute masterpiece of the band.  Happiness is definitely a favorite, and even Acceptance Speech, they're right up there in the number one spot but each album is so unique.  With that being said, Mess' voice is executed so well on that record, it carries an abrasive, raw attitude that perfectly fits with the theme and music.  It's not meant to be pleasant, hence "People You Know" and I wouldn't want it any less harsh on "Rock Solid".  If I were to scream, Mess is king and his work on that record is textbook.

91sn32Q.jpg

Personally, Whatever I Say is a Royal Ocean and Downtown Battle Mountain are my favorite DGD albums. When I first heard a few songs off of Whatever I Say is a Royal Ocean back in 2005-2006 I didn't know what to think, but the songs quickly grew on me and I fell in love with DGD. Played those 7 songs off WISIARO over and over again until DBM came out, and I did the same thing with that album. I do enjoy the progression that DGD has gone through over the years as all bands should grow, learn and get better, and it couldn't have been easy with all of the changing band members, but I still rock both WISIARO and DBM more so than the others.

<3

I really glad to see the mostly positive response to the new song. I was listening to it and thinking a lot of people would hate it for how poppy it is, but I really enjoyed it, as odd of a change as it is with the keyboards and what not. Tilian' voice is much more well mixed this time around! Have they said who produced it yet?

From Jon of Twitter:

There's no piano or keyboard on the new song

cause some people said there was, its a guitar, making weeeee nuuuu sounds

just a fyi