PO: Lord Huron - Strange Trails

Very excited for this album - both new songs ("The Night We Met" and especially "Fool For Love") are excellent!

I was really hoping there was going to be a deluxe edition of this album on colored vinyl that would include/incorporate the artwork for the individual songs that they've been using to preview/hype the album the past few weeks on Facebook and Twitter, similar to what The National did for the deluxe edition of "Trouble Will Find Me" (minus the production delays of course). Oh well.

Very excited for this album - both new songs ("The Night We Met" and especially "Fool For Love") are excellent!

I was really hoping there was going to be a deluxe edition of this album on colored vinyl that would include/incorporate the artwork for the individual songs that they've been using to preview/hype the album the past few weeks on Facebook and Twitter, similar to what The National did for the deluxe edition of "Trouble Will Find Me" (minus the production delays of course). Oh well.

Agreed, I'm loving all the various artwork that they've been teasing us with. I can't imagine they produced that many different images not to use them? Maybe at worst they will be a part of a lyric sheet included with the vinyl? Either way, I'm buying! 

Super underrated band. Lonesome Dreams is (still) such a great listen. I may wait around to see if any limited or colored variants pop up for this one. I have no problem going with standard black through Amazon, though, if that's the name of the game.

Same here. This might be the type of band that doesn't do a color press though.

Lonesome dreams is such a great album. It's a solid listen straight through. When I discovered them, I listened tot hat album exclusively for a month. From the sound of the new singles, the new album should be equally as awesome.

Same here. This might be the type of band that doesn't do a color press though.

I'm just excited to have new music from them. Originally found them on a whim (they were at the top of a new release list on Rdio when the album came out). 

I kind of feel like if they don't do a coloured version, then they don't do a coloured version. I'm excited to have this on vinyl no matter what. Same for a lot of bands - better to have black vinyl than no vinyl at all.

I don't think anyone's arguing that.  I was the one to bring up colored vinyl, but it's not a matter of "Black vinyl?  Gross.  Won't be buying."  I just said that it (usually) pays to wait a bit for all the pre-order options to present themselves.  Especially since sites like Insound don't typically offer any kind of exclusives.  All too often I see a distro like SRC start selling a pre-order for a new album, only to find the band or label offer up their own version a week later.  (Which is usually cheaper, and often includes colored vinyl, signed lithographs, etc.)  But yes – I, too, will be ordering regardless.

So I just listened to the two already released tracks, and I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. The Night We Met is okay, but Fool For Love is a complete retread of everything on Lonesome Dreams (especially Time to Run). I'm not saying the songs are bad, but they don't really seem to show much growth as a band - especially considering the leap from their early stuff to Lonesome Dreams. Here's hoping the rest of the album is more exciting or interesting. Think I'll need to hear all of it before ordering.

Like the new tracks alright

Love the art direction though, hoping for music videos for each song that make a mini-movie (wishful thinking)

I think this might be the direction they go.

Regardless, I think it will make for some awesome posters?

I'm just excited about this release. I need more LH in my life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So probably the coolest thing ever, if you Shazam the song, Fool For Love, you get a map of the US with locations for finding a 7"

Check his twitter.

Sonic Boom and Amoeba are a couple that have these records hidden. Sucks that they're one of a kind

to purchase or is it like a treasure hunt?