WTB: What.CD invite

woah_dood

Speaking of what.cd, if someone here can tell me how to become fully connectable or whatever it's called at home, while still being able to connect to my schools wifi, I would be stoked.  My ratio has gone to shit because I had to change things back because once I set it up to be able to seed properly, I couldn't connect to my schools internet.

Speaking of what.cd, if someone here can tell me how to become fully connectable or whatever it's called at home, while still being able to connect to my schools wifi, I would be stoked.  My ratio has gone to shit because I had to change things back because once I set it up to be able to seed properly, I couldn't connect to my schools internet.

What did you do to get it to seed properly? I always left my computer on for music to seed while I went to work and nothing would seed that well. It's been awhile since then though so I'd like to try again and do it better this time around. I wish I could just donate to get it back like I do with another site for television shows

Derp.  It's the person who sends the invite.  And then anyone that he has invited.  That would include you.

I don't get what the big deal is? you need an invite or go through an interview. The site is pretty well-known so the whole thing about the word getting out there isn't an issue. If someone has an invite, why does it matter who it goes to? especially since I am trying to seed properly and have a good ratio. 

also, not sure if they still do this or not, but the way I got mine almost 7 years ago was go into their IRC and talk to a mod in there, they questioned me on transcodes/encoding and made sure I knew what was expected.

Well worth it, glad I had someplace after OINK shut down. 

you can't get banned if you;re not even a member yet lol. just looking for an invite and willing to pay for it

Invites can be tracked so yes, you can. :-P

It's also frowned upon to do public trading of them like you're asking about, Jetboy. What.cd is extremely strict with their invite policies for good reason.

As has been suggested, just do an interview or talk privately to a member and request an invite. If you can't pass you probably shouldn't be using the site since you'll likely get warned/banned rather quickly. It's not really easy for new members to get going anyway. It takes patience and time.