PO: HELEN EARTH BAND "We Fucking Quit" LP (ex-Weatherbox/Finch) + OOP Counterfit vinyl!

PRE-ORDER WILL LAUNCH AT 3 P.M. EST ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH HERE: http://youthconspiracy.bigcartel.com/product/helen-earth-band-we-fucking-quit

HEB_WFQ_Cover.jpg

We also have a limited-edition Helen Earth Band T-shirt available plus vinyl and CDs from Counterfit (pre-HEB). Add those to your order here!

Having played in bands ranging from Counterfit to Finch to Weatherbox, the members of Helen Earth Band have a vast and storied history. The group is one of those rare musical entities that appeal to both the musician and the music listener. The San Diego-based band combines powerful melodies with a striking depth creating music that is accessible, yet tastefully complex. Helen Earth Band chases symmetry and pushes their music to the pinnacle while using space and restraint to broaden the dynamics within each song. The band abounds with complex rhythms, textured guitar, intertwining harmonies, and atmospheric undertones. Yet the songs are never betrayed; only enhanced by the band’s ambitious and keen musical ear. Practicing a true independent spirit, the band has blazed their own trail strictly on their terms. Helen Earth Band is indeed rare and refreshing in the most memorable way.

PRESSING INFO 
100 copies on black vinyl, hand-numbered 
100 copies on white vinyl, hand-numbered 
100 copies on black/white split vinyl, hand-numbered

TRACKLISTING 
SIDE A 

1. Anchor 
2. Call Out 
3. Castaway 
4. The Temperature Rising 
5. Coping Mechanisms

6. Remind Me Why 

SIDE B 
7. Pieces 
8. Titan 
9. Mazes 
10. Sleep Creature 
11. Curtain Call

All copies come with a download code.

This is YCR-014.

Dude! There's a Counterfit DVD? Also, extremely intrigued to hear this, that 10 second snap of them live was difficult to hear what was going on. PS press the Counterfit EP that preceded SAMFYEH

You can hear the whole record on Bandcamp right now!

http://youthconspiracy.bandcamp.com/album/we-fucking-quit

FFO: Braid, No Knife, Pinback, Minus The Bear

Wow this is great news. Our Own ghost City was the first thing I ever bought on bandcamp. I had wondered what happened to the band.

This is definitely getting bought.

Awesome! I think this record is leaps and bounds better than Our Own Ghost City, although that record is killer too!

Head up, VC: This is live! Go get yourselves some records and help me pay my mortgage, please and thank you.

Done! Got the split. I listened to the first two tracks earlier at work and got that tingly feeling I first had listening to Our Own Ghost City back in '09. I'll definitely take some time out of tomorrow to listen to the remainder of the album.

Done! Got the split. I listened to the first two tracks earlier at work and got that tingly feeling I first had listening to Our Own Ghost City back in '09. I'll definitely take some time out of tomorrow to listen to the remainder of the album.

Awesome, thank you for your support!

• 1 month later...

Oooo shipping confirmation, great news. Cheers SH!

Yep! We got the records in early and have been shipping out pre-orders all week long. I am extremely happy with how everything came out, from the vinyl itself to the quality of the sleeve, insert, etc. — I hope everyone else loves it too!