Questions from Concerned buyer.

Wanted to get some of you regulars insight on this as both of these purchases are new to me.

1.) On February 4th I ordered some records from Shop Radio Cast.  At the time of placing the order, all showed "in stock" except one.  It was listed as on backorder with a 3 to 5 day window.  On the evening of February 7th, I logged into SRC to check the status of the order.  I still had the same disposition, and when I clicked "order details", I repeatedly received an error.  

I emailed customer service and was emailed back with "well a couple of your items are on backorder, we will get them in next week and ship."  So it went from 1 being on backorder, to a couple.   After not seeing any status change for this week, I logged back in last night and it now shows all four I ordered to be on backorder.  

I have, unfortunately, since read numerous horror stories about dealing with SRC.   I am thinking about contacting my bank and disputing the charge as SRC has failed to complete their contractual obligation and they are no longer responding to my emails.  

How long should I wait before doing so?

2.) On Wednesday, I purchased an LP from a user on VC message boards.   I will refrain from using the users name at this point, as i am not sure if something has happened that has caused a slow response.   I sent a message inquiring on a price, he responded quickly.  I then sent a message inquiring condition, the response was once again quick.   I then went to paypal and paid for the album, which was 3:38 PM CST.  

Since paying for the album, I have received no messages, although the seller has logged in numerous times.   He has given me no status updates.  I sent a PM last night asking if he was going to be able to provide a tracking#.  He has been on and read this message and declined to respond.  Should I be worried?   The seller has a good feedback history. 

If the seller has a good feedback history I wouldn't worry too much. Life stuff happens for people when selling records isn't their full time job. Also, if you did the PayPal purchase as merchandise I think you can get your money back eventually.

As far as SRC goes, I'll never order from them again. Their exclusives typically sound CD sourced to my ears, and if you cancel your order they won't give you your money back, only store credit. I even got the Better Business Bureau involved trying to get my money back and nothing happened. Hope you have better luck.

Wanted to get some of you regulars insight on this as both of these purchases are new to me.

1.) On February 4th I ordered some records from Shop Radio Cast.  At the time of placing the order, all showed "in stock" except one.  It was listed as on backorder with a 3 to 5 day window.  On the evening of February 7th, I logged into SRC to check the status of the order.  I still had the same disposition, and when I clicked "order details", I repeatedly received an error.  

I emailed customer service and was emailed back with "well a couple of your items are on backorder, we will get them in next week and ship."  So it went from 1 being on backorder, to a couple.   After not seeing any status change for this week, I logged back in last night and it now shows all four I ordered to be on backorder.  

I have, unfortunately, since read numerous horror stories about dealing with SRC.   I am thinking about contacting my bank and disputing the charge as SRC has failed to complete their contractual obligation and they are no longer responding to my emails.  

How long should I wait before doing so?

2.) On Wednesday, I purchased an LP from a user on VC message boards.   I will refrain from using the users name at this point, as i am not sure if something has happened that has caused a slow response.   I sent a message inquiring on a price, he responded quickly.  I then sent a message inquiring condition, the response was once again quick.   I then went to paypal and paid for the album, which was 3:38 PM CST.  

Since paying for the album, I have received no messages, although the seller has logged in numerous times.   He has given me no status updates.  I sent a PM last night asking if he was going to be able to provide a tracking#.  He has been on and read this message and declined to respond.  Should I be worried?   The seller has a good feedback history. 

3-4 business days with a user on here is justified, unless otherwise stated. Communication is key though, if  someone has a question then answer it. I would not count them out yet though. 

Thanks for the responses, and the timely Willy Wonka reference.   I am far less concerned about the VC user.  This is my second transaction on VC and the first was just a bit different, so that had me a bit on edge.  Plus the rapidity of the early responses contrasted with the lack of response now.  But I will give it time.

As far as SRC, I think my bank will give me my money back in a dispute, regardless of SRC's policy. They have failed to uphold their end of the bargain, which would seem to be a violation of contractual law.   I will file that dispute with my bank on Tuesday,

Thanks again.

SRC did the same to me on an order. Site showed in stock, ordered, and waited... And waited... And waited. Was told it was on back order... Even though the site still showed it in stock. Told me it would ship in a week. Waited and nothing. Emailed again and was told it's taking long than expected to get our shipment but it'll ship soon.

This went on for like 3-4 months. I was even told on my second to last email, "this LP has been out of stock everywhere for months." When the site still showed it in stock... I finally asked to have my order canceled. Thankfully they did this without any issues and credited my money back.

Good luck.

Something Vinyl, the reason I am worried is because of the countless horror stories I have read about since submitting the order, the change in status of 3 of the 4 records I have ordered and the lack of response from email inquiries.  And generally when I order something off the internet that is labeled "in stock", it is shipped in a matter of days, and any out of stock item is appropriately handled quickly or with an offer of refund.   It's not simply impatience, its the litany of other bad experiences from other users, coupled with my experiences at countless other online retailers.

Sorry Jerseypride, I will try to use more profanity and sentence fragments in an attempt to fit in from this moment forth.   I may even sling feces, since that is about as germane to the topic as your reply.

XXsilence, for three days after I made the initial order, they all maintained the same status they had previously.  It wasn't until last night that the status on each individual record had changed.   Granted, prior to that I wasn't even unable to view it due to what they deemed a technical error.