Coming soon: The Good Life - Novena On A Nocturn, Black Out, AOTY

gmoney

I'm guessing the  Novena On A Nocturn demos are just acoustic variations of the record like AOTY is?

Novena demos actually look to have a different track listing. Don't know if they're really different songs, or the same songs by different names...but I'm intrigued now.

Novena:

Track List:

1. A Dim Entrance

2. The Moon Red Handed

3. Your Birthday Present

4. An Aquaintance Strikes a Chord

5. Twenty Two

6. What We Fall for When We're Already Down

7. Waiting on Wild Horses

8. The Competition

9. A Golden Exit

Novena Demos:

Track List:

1. A Dim Entrance

2. In Our Shoeboxes and Jewelry Boxes

3. High Noon

4. Morning Funerals

5. The Moon Red Handed

6. Rainchecks

7. The Thin Walls Between Us

8. Temptations of Dusk

9. A Golden Exit

It'd be nice if they turned out to be b-sides that didn't make the album :)

Novena demos actually look to have a different track listing. Don't know if they're really different songs, or the same songs by different names...but I'm intrigued now.

Novena:

Track List:

1. A Dim Entrance

2. The Moon Red Handed

3. Your Birthday Present

4. An Aquaintance Strikes a Chord

5. Twenty Two

6. What We Fall for When We're Already Down

7. Waiting on Wild Horses

8. The Competition

9. A Golden Exit

Novena Demos:

Track List:

1. A Dim Entrance

2. In Our Shoeboxes and Jewelry Boxes

3. High Noon

4. Morning Funerals

5. The Moon Red Handed

6. Rainchecks

7. The Thin Walls Between Us

8. Temptations of Dusk

9. A Golden Exit

It'd be nice if they turned out to be b-sides that didn't make the album :)

Nice catch. I just noticed that the first couple were the same and stopped right there before seeing the differences. But yeah, if there were a few b-sides riddled in there, that wouod be awesome.

Nice catch. I just noticed that the first couple were the same and stopped right there before seeing the differences. But yeah, if there were a few b-sides riddled in there, that wouod be awesome.

The tracks with different names are songs that didn't make the album.

Edit: and the others are demo/acoustic versions of the album tracks.

I really love the stripped-down Tim stuff. It reminds me of seeing him play solo acoustic in college. There are a couple of his sets that were passed around here like 20 years ago, dubbed from cassette to cassette. Songs that didn't end up anywhere else.

Maybe those will get converted to MP3 and leaked at some point....

The tracks with different names are songs that didn't make the album.

Edit: and the others are demo/acoustic versions of the album tracks.

Nice!!

I really love the stripped-down Tim stuff. It reminds me of seeing him play solo acoustic in college. There are a couple of his sets that were passed around here like 20 years ago, dubbed from cassette to cassette. Songs that didn't end up anywhere else.

Even better :)

Not remastered, no.

Differences are 180 gram this time for the three albums, where Black Out and AOTY were standard weight before (Novena is first time on vinyl). Also AOTY being 2LP instead of 1 should improve the sound, the original 1LP was pushing the time limit per side.

Unfortunately, the demos won't be available digitally. However, they are going out via download on release day to people who ordered the vinyl, so if you are willing to wait a bit I am sure the tracks will be out there if you look for them. Sorry!

Any chance Album of the Year is getting a nice tip-on jacket like the deluxe Ugly Organ and Mama, I'm Swollen? I'd pay extra for those to be used exclusively on everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this shipping update from saddle creek:

The Bad News: Unfortunately, the vinyl for the demo LP’s has not arrived from the plant, and thus your order has yet to ship. We have been unable to get a hard date from the plant as to when we should be expecting them. We share your frustration and are doing our best to get an exact date from them. We do expect them to be here any day and we will update you as soon as we know. We will get you another update on Tuesday, March 31st regardless of the situation. And as soon as we get them, we will be sending your orders out immediately.

The Good News: We've made the demo downloads available now so you can enjoy the audio downloads while you await the LPs. Log in to your account to access your available downloads:  
https://saddle-creek.com/login/

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience. We hope you find it worth the wait once you get your copies though!

Saddle Creek